Poll: How much is this guitar worth?
Poll Options
View poll results: How much is this guitar worth?
>$300
22 45%
>$300
19 39%
Dude, you got a crazy good deal.
38 78%
Dude, you totally just wasted $100.
22 45%
Voters: 49.
Please help me find out more info on this guitar! I recently commited to buy this guitar and a hardshell case with it for only $100 from a friend! He told me it was a "Gibson Marauder." I doubted, did some of my own research, and I believe it to be an Epiphone S-600. I'm baffled, however, because it has no pickguard, double humbuckers and what appears to be a third, single-coil pickup in between them. Also, the neck does not have the sharktooth inlays which most of these models had originally. I would like to know the exact model of this guitar and as much history as I can on it. I would also like to know its current worth, as I'm sure it's more than $100. Thanks for any help that I receive, and please no obvious comments saying that it's an electric guitar or something like that. Thanks! I've included a picture, however this is my first posting at UG.com, so I hope that the picture goes through...
Attachments:
S-600.jpg
Cool font.

NOT.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I'm not entirely sure on what it could be. Perhaps take some more pics and post them here?

Anyway, by the looks of it, that guitar seems to be worth more than $100. How much more, well i don't know.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
The electric guitar forum has more knowledge about these things, maybe they can help you instead of the people here who will just focus on trying to be funny.
Haha, thanks for the advice, ultimatedaver, but I would like some info on this guitar. I just got a Marshall JCM 900 tube amp, it's not the best, but I'm happy with it on my limited budget.
It does seem to be a brand that gibson has made. If you look on their website it has this body style. but I cant remember the name they called it.
Epiphone EM-2. thats what i think it is. or it may be an em-1 since its got the reverse headstock. Im pretty sure they made them in the 80's.
Last edited by TB!Guitar at May 10, 2011,
It's the kind that you strum.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I don't know what that is, but it looks nice.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by FireHawk
reverse headstock = -600 dollars.

you'd have to pay me to play it

how does the guitar play?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Who bothers changing the font?
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93

That one guy Hriday does.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Shoulda bought a first act...
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
That one guy Hriday does.

Isn't his automatic though, since it's always purple as well?

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Doesn't matter how much it's 'worth' mate. Even if it plays/sounds like crap, treat it as a project, tear it apart. $100 is nothing, christ!
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
A picture of the headstock would have been helpful. There's no way of telling from that picture what it is as there are millions and millions of no-name copies of stuff.

It looks cool though. Interesting pickup configuration. I imagine it has quite a distinct tone. Good find for $100 I'd say.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
need more pics. Possibly of the front and back of the headstock. Also look for a serial number.
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
I have no idea what kind it is, but if you like it and it sounds good, you got a great deal.
There, I changed my font
Smile when you say that.
In my opinion, if you like the guitar, then buy it. But I have an old Kramer Randy Rhoads (unofficial) style guitar, among other uncommon ones.
No, changing font is not the new thing, it is necessary, an obligation, your duty.
Every time you don't change your font, god kills a kitten ... and a puppy.
Smile when you say that.
that's obviously a bassguitar.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by jimgionti25
Haha, thanks for the advice, ultimatedaver, but I would like some info on this guitar. I just got a Marshall JCM 900 tube amp, it's not the best, but I'm happy with it on my limited budget.

GG&A would be all over your ass right now.

Technically, it's a hybrid, because a lot of its gain comes from diode-based gain stages. It sounds great, though, so fuck tube purists. Whatever works works.
The body shape reminds me of this....

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-EM2-Prophecy-Custom-FX-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-?sku=515613#used

That is an Epiphone EM-2. Could be the same model, but from an earlier date. When you get the guitar, punch the PIN into whatever companies database, and see what it is.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by SlipknotRule93

I changed the font just to spite you.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I've never seen one before, but that semi-circular style cut-out that forms the two horns, makes it look like a Ricky (i.e. Rickenbacker)
I do believe it to be an EM-1, rather than an EM-2 because of the tremolo unit... I'm basing my info from this source: http://www.epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=EM-Series

The reverse headstock is intentional for the EM-1 and EM-2 made from 1991-1998, and I'm saying that it's an EM-1 rather than an EM-2 due to the tremolo unit.

Here's a picture of the headstock below, I don't know how high the resolution of the picture will be once I load it (yeah, I'm a total noob, and I'm new at this) but the headstock says Epiphone, and the bolt plate just says Gibson.

Do you know how I could get a good price estimate on this guitar? Also, thanks for all the feedback thus far, guys!

P.S. I learned how to change my font... haha.
Attachments:
Headstock (2).jpg
Apparently your version is the Epiphone EM-1 Rebel.

Reading reviews most people seemed to pay around $150-250 USED
Thanks, JackalUK... that's what I had just determined in the above post... I need info on how to get an actual, accurate price now.
1 - go to eBay.
2 - search for your guitar.
3 - see what price people are asking.

4 - Google your guitar and see what stores sell it for brand new (optional)
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I changed the font just to spite you.

Well that's just not friendly.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest