Poll: How much is this guitar worth?
Poll Options
View poll results: How much is this guitar worth?
<$300
13 62%
>$300
2 10%
Dude, you got a crazy good deal.
7 33%
Dude, you totally just wasted $100.
2 10%
Voters: 21.
Please help me find out more info on this guitar! I recently commited to buy this guitar and a hardshell case with it for only $100 from a friend! He told me it was a "Gibson Marauder." I doubted, did some of my own research, and I believe it to be an Epiphone S-600. I'm baffled, however, because it has no pickguard, double humbuckers and what appears to be a third, single-coil pickup in between them. Also, the neck does not have the sharktooth inlays which most of these models had originally. I would like to know the exact model of this guitar and as much history as I can on it. I would also like to know its current worth, as I'm sure it's more than $100. Thanks for any help that I receive, and please no obvious comments saying that it's an electric guitar or something like that. Thanks! I've included a picture, however this is my first posting at UG.com, so I hope that the picture goes through...
Attachments:
Epiphone S-600.jpg
looks like the em-2, but i can't be sure

i take it the headstock is an upside down "banana" stock?
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
You'll probably need to get some more photos for people here to help. The body type definitely doesn't match either of the guitars you mentioned. The shape of the body is curiously like a bunch of bass bodies I've seen.

Get a headstock shot...presumably it's got an identifiable logo or brand name for a start, ask for a shot of the bolt-on plate if it's a bolt on neck.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Here's a picture of the headstock. I don't know how great the resolution of the picture, but all it says on the headstock is Epiphone, and Gibson on the boltplate.
Attachments:
Headstock.jpg
Ok, I've continued digging, and I now believe it to be an Epiphone EM-1 Rebel. Can anyone give me more good information on this?
isn't it an EPI MIII?

my buddy has one, i think it's the exact same.

worth around $300 if it plays nice.

i'd say you scored.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i'm at work so i can't look it up but that appears to be a US made Epi i forget the model but they did make them in the early 90s.
Hey, @gregs1020, I think it's an Epiphone EM-1 Rebel. It's incredibly similar to the MIII, but with the MIII, the headstock headlined "Gibson" not "Epiphone." I'm also making my distinctions due to the fret inlays, which are not shark tooth, the tremolo unit, and the reverse headstock, which came on the EM-1 and EM-2 Rebels from 1991-1998. Does anyone know a good way to get a price? I can't find a price on ebay or google.
I looked the EM-1 Rebel up on Harmony Central, seems to me like it's one of those. They go for about $190 used, if the review pages are to be believed.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by jimgionti25
Hey, @gregs1020, I think it's an Epiphone EM-1 Rebel. It's incredibly similar to the MIII, but with the MIII, the headstock headlined "Gibson" not "Epiphone." I'm also making my distinctions due to the fret inlays, which are not shark tooth, the tremolo unit, and the reverse headstock, which came on the EM-1 and EM-2 Rebels from 1991-1998. Does anyone know a good way to get a price? I can't find a price on ebay or google.

i think you are right. i'm no expert on these but i thought epi just called it the MIII as well. good call.

edit: whatever it is, for $100, you scored TS!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 10, 2011,
Just curious, should the truss rod cover have three screws holding it on or only two?
Quote by agroban
Just curious, should the truss rod cover have three screws holding it on or only two?

My Epi has the original Gibson truss rod cover too ...also got 3 screws
I like it. I have never been a fan of Epi guitars, but, I like it!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Looks like an EM-1. You got a good deal.
Currently Using:

Washburn X-Series w/ SH-8 and Pearly Gates
Peavey Vypyr 120h
Peavey Valveking 412 Slant
ISP Decimator
Ernie Ball .12-.56

Quote by CannedBullets
get to Wisconsin, do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy