Page 1 of 2
it seems to me that when you see a girl in a rock band, they're almost always playing bass.
frankly, it would seem to me that girls have naturally smaller hands/fingers, so they would be less adept at bass, and more suited to guitar. but more times than not, girls play bass. how come?
Obviously you never heard of joan jett, orianthi, or kid rocks drummer (whatever her name is)

EDIT: Because a chick playing bass is sexy.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Last edited by summerson1 at May 10, 2011,
Isn't it obvious? They want to get better at fingering. Because fact of the matter is, a girls best friend is a bass player.
it's easier to get in a band when you're not that great at bass than when you're not that great at guitar. as long as you can keep a beat and play root notes, you're good enough for most bands.
Quote by summerson1
Obviously you never heard of joan jett, orianthi, or kid rocks drummer (whatever her name is)

lol
the resonant frequency of a girls clitoris is too low for a guitar.

also cuz girls are smarter than guys and they all know the glory of bass.
no sir away a papaya war is on
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.

Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Quote by sethp
it seems to me that when you see a girl in a rock band, they're almost always playing bass.
frankly, it would seem to me that girls have naturally smaller hands/fingers, so they would be less adept at bass, and more suited to guitar. but more times than not, girls play bass. how come?

actually girls usually play guitar especially acoustics
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
When acoustic: guitar.
When electric: bass.
When curious: acoustic guitar.
When serious: bass.
It's easier to count to 4 than 6 (J/K)
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by METAL_MAN135

I don't usually do this but LOL

In response to OP, to be honest I have never noticed this. Maybe I listen to the wrong bands...

I think it's time we blow this scene
Get everybody and the stuff together
Okay
Let's jam

BLAAAAAAAM THIS CRAP
Quote by sethp

Trying to impress us sexy male bassists with their hand techniques and lower frequency area.
Because it's a womans' instrument.

Welp.

Back to the EG forum.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B

Welp.

Back to the EG forum.

You do that while we play our larger instruments. At the end of the day, you know our fingers are far better skilled, and it will haunt you.
I ve seen more women in Tx. that play piano/keys more than any thing else. I ve seen one chick (o.k, 2) in the past 15 years who played bass, and neither were serious about it.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
I've seen girls here play a bit of everything, although the one playing drums was a stereotypical butch lesbian.. definitely wouldn't challenge her to an arm wrestle.
Quote by N_J_B_B

Welp.

Back to the EG forum.

hahahahahahahahahaha

bass is easy as pie
but even the girl who plays bass in the band im with sounds really ugly!!!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I suppose guitar has too much of a masculine, testosterone-driven image these days.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
I suppose guitar has too much of a masculine, testosterone-driven image these days.

No wonder chicks loved hair metal so much.
Why do people always make stupid threads?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB

this is why
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
wow.... that is all i can say to that....haha
My Setup:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass,
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Electro-harmonix Black Finger Compressor.
This very topic has come up several times before and I'll restate my previous explanation: because the resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar to produce.

I mostly play folk rock, and see more women playing keys or violin than anything else.
I saw a band with a girl playing bass last week....

They also had a girl for a singer, drummer, and guitar player and had no musical talent whatsoever.

That was a pretty lame day except for two bands.
Quote by sonic_777111

True story, nothing more rugged and manly than those 14 year olds butchering "Stairway to Heaven" at guitar center.
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
I'm just thankful that they do:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thread needs more pics

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
i play bass....im a girl.....im not blonde and 100lbs with a flowing mane of lustrous hair....reality sucks -_-
Quote by housemd
i play bass....im a girl..

If you posted this part alone in the Pit, it would get you over 300 views on your profile no problem.

pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
If you posted this part alone in the Pit, it would get you over 300 views on your profile no problem.

im tempted to try it, just for shitz and giggles.
/ 15/16 year old girl.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
/ 15/16 year old girl.

if youre talking about me, youre off by about 4 years.

Edit: I'm 18, not 11
Last edited by housemd at May 10, 2011,
I'm 20!
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
!
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass