Okay, I know there's a math/science help thread, but I don't think this belongs there.

Anyway, I currently have a 98.83% in one of my classes. The final exam is coming up and it's worth 20% of my grade. What's the worst I can do (in percentage) on the final to while still maintaining an A grade. (an A being 90% and above)

I've been trying to calculate it, but I just can't figure it out.
How many marks is your last exam worth?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
im no mathmatician, but i calculated around 50-55%
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
I don't think the odds are on your side in a mathemathics test when you can't even calculate a simple percentage.
Last edited by The_Casinator at May 10, 2011,
Quote by The_Casinator
I don't think the odds are on your side in a mathemathics test when you can't even calculate a simple percentage.

I never said it was a math exam. The only reason I mentioned the math thread is because I needed someone to be able to calculate the grade.
Quote by symphyses
I never said it was a math exam. The only reason I mentioned the math thread is because I needed someone to be able to calculate the grade.

Oh shit.

I would say without accurate calculations that you shouldn't go below 60%. I'm sure you can manage that, seeing what your average is.
98.8%x 80/100 = 79.04
90 - 79.04 = 10.96
10.96 / 20/100 = .548

for whoever cared.
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z