Any Meat Puppets fans out there?
Gear:
JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail
Johnson Power 10
DS-1
Ashton Starter pack thingy (Acoustic)
Jim Dunlop picks
Wedge Picks
I've got Meat Puppets II, Too High To Die and Up On The Sun, haven't listened to them in ages though... how's their new material compared to their old?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Excellent band. Meat Puppets II is a classic. Their self-titled is pretty great too
meh every bands old stuff is the best but its still good
Gear:
JS30DKT Dinky Hardtail
Johnson Power 10
DS-1
Ashton Starter pack thingy (Acoustic)
Jim Dunlop picks
Wedge Picks
The meat puppets are the godfathers of grunge if your ask me. I love them to death. Meat Puppets II is one of my favorite albums and i don't care what anyone else says.
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
Only know a few songs but they are pretty good.
Plateau is awesome.
Quote by The_Nowhereman
The meat puppets are the godfathers of grunge if your ask me. I love them to death. Meat Puppets II is one of my favorite albums and i don't care what anyone else says.

Meat Puppets were great but had really nothing to do with with Grunge. They were progenitors of the Alternative scene, but the only Grunge band that ever really paid tribute to them as an influence was Nirvana.
Their first three albums are their strongest. Meat Puppets II is a classic.

too High to Die is alright, but not as strong as earlier stuff. Their stuff now is psychedelic, but there's no songs there. Pretty background stuff IMO
I've only heard Meat Puppets II, solely because of Nirvana, as I expect is the case with most people haha. The outro to Plateau is one of my favorite things ever, as well as Aurora Borealis. Split Myself in Two is probably my other favorite song...though it's hard to pick, because the whole album is great.

What would be a good album to check out from there?
Meat Puppets...i don't know them too well but they seem pretty good to me.
Although i'm not so mad about Nirvana - i like AIC waaay more - they could end up in my not-so-extended list of bands.

Can you help me learn a bit about the Meat Puppets' general context?
(if you know what i mean)
Saw 'em last week, needless to say I was blown away, they played like 5 instrumental or so, I didn't count! I'm looking for a song where he is whistling around, but I don't know the title.. it's not the Whistling Song. any ideas?
also has anyone a tab or even the slightest idea of the chords for new gods? that tune just has amazing chord work
Quote by skmelanie
I've only heard Meat Puppets II, solely because of Nirvana, as I expect is the case with most people haha. The outro to Plateau is one of my favorite things ever, as well as Aurora Borealis. Split Myself in Two is probably my other favorite song...though it's hard to pick, because the whole album is great.

What would be a good album to check out from there?

if you're into the guitar side of things, Up on the Sun might be your choice. if you look past the kinda unmotivated singing, it's really a great record with beautiful songs. Seal whales is my favorite instrumental.
And on their website, you can download a 33-track B-sides/rarities compilation, which has an amazing demo version of Light worth checking out.

Quote by Basti95
Meat Puppets...i don't know them too well but they seem pretty good to me.
Although i'm not so mad about Nirvana - i like AIC waaay more - they could end up in my not-so-extended list of bands.

Can you help me learn a bit about the Meat Puppets' general context?
(if you know what i mean)

Easy one: Meat Puppets = beautiful music in a time of lifeless crap
Meat Puppets general context?

Umm...think an Alternative and (at first) Hardcore Punk band that really, really, REALLY, loves country music and psychedelia.

Their first album is tough to listen to though. The vocals on it are unintelligible. Apparently the whole album was recorded while the band was on LSD