Page 1 of 5
Kay, just a little thing that's been itching my mind.. itching my mind.. sure.. well.

How come that such a large number of Americans are so bad at spelling their own language?! this baffles me! i mean, sure, youth is becoming more stupid by the day.. But.. I am fairly young myself, i'm danish, and i can spell both my own language AND use theirs to an extent that reaches far beyond so many of the natives.

How come? Is the American educational system that bad? Smart people of burgerland. You need to beat some sense into the youngsters! They can't speak their own language!

Herp de derp, over and out!
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
wut iz diz, eye dont evan

oh, i se your tawkin bout peeps dat cant spal, i think dey are dum
Last edited by whitenihilist at May 10, 2011,
Kay, just a little thing that's been itching my mind.. itching my mind.. sure.. well.

How come that such a large number of Americans are so bad at spelling their own language?! this baffles me! i mean, sure, youth is becoming more stupid by the day.. But.. I am fairly young myself, i'm danish, and i can spell both my own language AND use theirs to an extent that reaches far beyond so many of the natives.

How come? Is the American educational system that bad? Smart people of burgerland. You need to beat some sense into the youngsters! They can't speak their own language!

There's your problem.
Quote by whitenihilist

You should read the post man, TS is Danish!

TS, most people will claim "itz da internet, it dusnt matta!", but I personally believe that it's down to peer pressure. It's seen not to be "cool" if you can spell correctly and use punctuation, so many kids avoid using it on Facebook, in order to fit in with everyone else.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
You should read the post man, TS is Danish!

TS, most people will claim "itz da internet, it dusnt matta!", but I personally believe that it's down to peer pressure. It's seen not to be "cool" if you can spell correctly and use punctuation, so many kids avoid using it on Facebook, in order to fit in with everyone else.

How did you come to the conclusion he was Danish?
I always made a point of spelling things correctly as much as possible. I went to school and would like other to see as much. I don't want to be considered cool if it means I have to come across as a simpleton.

To above

Quote by Northernmight

He said so
la persona que empezo esta tela es un pendejo que ni sabe como escribir en ingles, tampoco en su propio idioma.

EDIT: dudo que puedas hablar, escribir, y leer mejor que los nativos de tu propia raza. te levantas mucho el cuello y apuesto que la gente nativa de tu raza se burla de tu ignorancia
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at May 10, 2011,
Quote by whitenihilist

The bit in the OP where he says he's Danish?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

inb4 the "or" vs "our" argument.

Edit for clarity: As in "Color" and "Colour"
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
A user with the title " UGs Churchburner", and sig is F*** you all & 666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST is raging about americans..... lol.

I mean c'mon, how stereotypical can you get.....
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
You've been reading too much youtube comments, TS.
Last edited by The_Casinator at May 10, 2011,
Quote by metacarpi
The bit in the OP where he says he's Danish?

God, maybe I am stupid, I swear I read that twice and didn't see that.

But I WAS looking for capital D, since it's a proper noun TS!

Tsk tsk.
Quote by whitenihilist

oh, i se your tawkin bout peeps dat cant spal, i think dey are dum

I read this in the voice of a toffy British man. Made me laugh.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Quote by whitenihilist

Why wouldn't TS be Danish? He's obviously sugary sweet and filled with artificial fruit.
I think its easier to butcher a language that you've grown up speaking. Its easier to pick out where you can stick in a number r jst rite lyk dis.
Plus texting, texting has ruined any chance kids had at learning

EDIT: Isn't there nearly an entire state in the US that says some word wrong because it was printed wrong in a book years ago?...
hold on while I go internet hunting

possibly "dilemna"..
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at May 10, 2011,
Quote by The_Casinator
You've been reading too much youtube comments, TS.

*many

It's because American education is almost cripplingly underfunded. It's amazing half of them can even read, their levels of free education are so poor.
Quote by p_c
A user with the title " UGs Churchburner", and sig is F*** you all & 666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST is raging about americans..... lol.

I mean c'mon, how stereotypical can you get.....

He's from Scandinavia. He's simply abiding by the stereotypes associated with his country, in the same sense that Americans are dumb, fat capitalists etc.
It is true, sadly. I am an American and the vast majority of my friends lack some basic insight into their own language. I have always made a point to try and spell and use proper punctuation when I write, anywhere.

Hell, I even use proper punctuation and spell out the entirety of words when I text someone, something about knowingly using an incorrect word or spelling makes me feel like a dumb ass.

Unlike many, I don't enjoy being a dumb ass.

I R Sm4rT.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
TS is my hero! Using the correct 'their'!
Yeah, it really irritates me when people are ignorant to how to speak and spell properly.

What really annoys me is American ways of spelling things. ESPECIALLY when some stuck up d*ck goes and 'corrects' an original British spelling to an American one to try look clever.
E.g. Capitalisation --> Capitalization.

Yeah. I'm very prescriptive when it comes to language
I do enjoy annoying my peers who are terrible at spelling on Facebook and whatnot by correcting them all the time.

If they all unstuck their heads from their asses where would I get these lulz from?
Quote by theotherguy7145
Yeah, it really irritates me when people are ignorant to how to speak and spell properly.

What really annoys me is American ways of spelling things. ESPECIALLY when some stuck up d*ck goes and 'corrects' an original British spelling to an American one to try look clever.

Obviously swapping all the S's for Z's, removing the U's from everything, and incorrectly using the word chips is a sufficient substitute to having your own language when trying to establish a national identity.
Quote by The Uncreator
It is true, sadly. I am an American and the vast majority of my friends lack some basic insight into their own language. I have always made a point to try and spell and use proper punctuation when I write, anywhere.

Hell, I even use proper punctuation and spell out the entirety of words when I text someone, something about knowingly using an incorrect word or spelling makes me feel like a dumb ass.

Unlike many, I don't enjoy being a dumb ass.

I R Sm4rT.

I'm the same way. I even had someone call me out on it before saying that it was dumb that I bothered to at least attempt to speak with proper grammar and use proper spelling.

This was the same person that put smiley faces in a paper for their college English class though.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
It's not just Americans man. Irish kids are ****ing retarded too. It's definitely a cool thing though. Spelling is for nerds man.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
*many

It's because American education is almost cripplingly underfunded. It's amazing half of them can even read, their levels of free education are so poor.

I know.

But hey, I'm Dutch. You guys should be amazed at how I'm able to place English words in a correct order.
oooh.. So it has become popular to be stoooopid.. Well, i propose we start our own trend then. I'm going to start writing in accent.

Ye dun' be 'avin nu problem witthet, aye?!
FUCK YOU ALL!

Quote by Northernmight
oooh.. So it has become popular to be stoooopid.. Well, i propose we start our own trend then. I'm going to start writing in accent.

Ye dun' be 'avin nu problem witthet, aye?!

*looks at Northernmights signature*

..... apparently so.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by whitenihilist
It's quite a kvlt signature.

Well, I can't think of a better way he could ensure that everybody knows that he's tr00 br00tal.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by whitenihilist
It's quite a kvlt signature.

Quite KVLT INDEED! I am Lord ov Hell! . Remember. All C's be double K, and all U's be V's.. so actually it is..

FVKK! badass..

Gotten some comments on that signature. I like Black Metal alot, but it is meant as abit of a joke, y'know. Self-irony i suppose.
FUCK YOU ALL!

There are plenty of English and Scottish people who can't spell for shit. We have a terrible education system, yes, but there are plenty of people on here from the UK who can't spell at all.

I think confirmation bias is keeping you from seeing that.
Because the government seeks to actively make people dumb enough to be treated like cattle.
Entertainment has a great part in that, just think about Big Brother and other such disgusting trends.
It's not only the 'mericuns that can't spell, some of my English mates have created their own language, they basically miss out every vowel in a word except in cases where it's necessary.

So bsclly, dey tlk lk dis.
It burns my eyes to read.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Arthemesic
Because the government seeks to actively make people dumb enough to be treated like cattle.
Entertainment has a great part in that, just think about Big Brother and other such disgusting trends.

You have a point, but Big Brother started in the UK. Reality shows are rather popular there as well.
Quote by theotherguy7145

Yet you do not take issue with TS' use of "kay" to start the post, and the pretty haphazard punctuation and capitalisation?

If you want people to get up their own arse, how about pointing out "ignorant to how to speak" should be "ignorant as to how to speak".
And let's not forget that the very phrase "TS" is a nice example of the adaptive and non-static nature of language. Fancy finding TS is the dictionary?
I don't make grammatical errors, I make typos.

Bitch ass cream cheese nigga.
It doesn't so much annoy me when there's an incorrect spelling or whatever.. But rather when they leave letters out or abbreviate for no purpose, as said above.

Latest trends:
Yeah = yh
Lol, an already shortened term.. = L. Just L.
But = bt. Why leave the U out.. It's one letter. Lazy.
Yes = ye. Why leave off the S. I don't understand.
Are you really saving that much time typing like an absolute moron?
TS is kawaii~~ ^_^

OT: People type stupidly on purpose, I think. At least when it's really bad.
Page 1 of 5