Hey all,

I'm just getting into the realms of recording with a microphone as opposed to DI and need a decent preamp/audio interface to boost the signal from my microphone; my current setup is SM57 > POD HD500 (yeah... I know ) > Logic Pro 9.

I want to use the POD for effects on my amp rather than as a preamp for the microphone - can anyone suggest a decent USB preamp or audio interface for $100 at most?

Thanks!
Jackson, Peavey, Line 6 <3
Hey man, I use an ART Tubemp for a preamp. I don't know if there's a USB version (I try to avoid USB connections wherever i can, Latency drives me insane...) but this guy will add a bit if you go mic>ART>Interface. I too use Logic, great DAW. Anyways, hope that helps.

Lots of times it depends on what you're recording... Loud guitars vs vocals, vs drums... Different microphones can help too.
Quote by Jayesskerr
I use an ART Tubemp for a preamp.

Lol, those things are a waste of money.

Either the M-Audio or look into the Line 6 UX2. Its a little more money but it'll free up the Pod as it includes the Pod Farm software which gives the same effect.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Thanks for the replies guys! I've been thinking about the UX2 but it's a tiny bit out of my budget at the moment. I'll look at the M-Audio, and if I can get the cash I'll get a UX2.
Jackson, Peavey, Line 6 <3