Alright. Here we go.

I noticed yesterday that while I was playing, my speakers blew. Every damn one of them. This convinced me that I should probably buy 4 new speakers, new tubes, and replace the outer covering-stuff on the amp.

It's a Peavey, yet the exact model escapes me at the moment. I'm really afraid of buying the wrong things and screwing it up so I need some advice. I have a low paying job so I can't really afford to make mistakes.

The kind of tone I'm looking for is more or less like Megadeth's live tone, only with a little bit warmer cleans. I have no idea what to buy to acheive this.

Suggestions? Advice? Thanks in advance
BOOM!!!

POP QUIZ!!!!

While Traveling at subsonic speeds during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening?

RIP Dio, Dimebag, Randy, John Bonham, and Cliff!
We need to know the type of amp at least so we know what will be compatible. As far as speakers I like the combo of Celestion V30s and G12t75s for the likes of megadeath type music. It also will handle cleans well. I'm sure some people will agree and some will flame the idea. Just my 2 cents.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Last edited by xkreedx at May 10, 2011,
Yeah, I know. I apologize. I'll find out tonight when I get home.
BOOM!!!

POP QUIZ!!!!

While Traveling at subsonic speeds during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening?

Sounds like it would be cheaper to buy a new amp. If you have never worked on an amp you could very well end up costing twice what a new amp would cost

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
That's another thing that occurred to me, unfortunately. I don't really know what to do to be honest.

Anyway, my model is a Peavey VTM 60.
BOOM!!!

POP QUIZ!!!!