A piece for string quartet, not exactly not influenced by modern film scoring and the like, but intended as a concert piece - not sure if it's interesting enough, though.

I wanted to try and decipt the somehow beautiful sense of desolace and melancholy that I always get from moors, hence the title.

The score is a bit messy and undetailed in some places, still undecided whether to rewrite it more than I have done already (many thanks to Xiaoxi for initial feedback) so I haven't worked the score itself that much.

I've uploaded it to my profile, link

Would love to hear what people think about how it holds together and how it mantains interest throughout. Also, if you want critique back, feel free to link several songs since it's quite long (8min).
Attachments:
the moor.pdf
as im listening to it the thing i notice the most is that the entire song goes at the same speed/time. no instruments pick up tempo anywhere and i only noticed once where the tempo dropped to half time. i saw xiaoxi post something on your page about motivic development which is what i guess i'm getting at. i think the piece itself is very good but it needs a little something more melody wise imo.
Ok lets hear this b

Nice intro. Setting a mood. It a bit to chord-ie for our taste but we keepin an open mind. As the piece gets going you have some very enjoyable modulations. There's always a lot to say about classical music. We really dont think it has to be at all Beethoven styles in terms of motivic development. We really like at around 4:50 you repeat an idea 4 times, we think maybe even more would be nice!

It could really have some variance in texture, think this is the problem. There is also not much motion other than harmonic. the rhythm is very repetitive and there is never any accels or rits it begins to wear the ear.

Be proud of the piece though you are honing your craft and approaching a voice of your own. Keep working. You have it! We think that for most concert goers, the tonality of it and stuff fits, but it's a bit too long for what it comes to say (for the average classical enthusiast, they get bored and like a melody)

c4c

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440810
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.