just curious as to what your thoughts would be re. bluegrass music when it comes to deciding on buying a Takamine acoustic Tan 16cov or the Taylor 410CE????
neither. martin or blueridge or maybe recording king would be my suggestions - more traditional sound and style, which makes sense for bluegrass. you can get a martin 1 series or 15 series for the same price or less than the taylor.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Depending on the model of either brand, but if you're gonna be playing bluegrass the Tak would probably suit it better. Definitely listen to Patti and check out Blueridge and Martin. How much are you looking to spend?
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
Quote by dakotajoe
Depending on the model of either brand, but if you're gonna be playing bluegrass the Tak would probably suit it better. Definitely listen to Patti and check out Blueridge and Martin. How much are you looking to spend?

$1800 to spend
$1800? then i'd suggest a martin when it comes to bluegrass - a 16 series dread, perhaps. or maybe a used D-18 or HD-28. there's a guild bluegrass model i've heard good things about, too, but new it may be above your budget.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by VannAleXX
Taylor. Takamine are a tad bit cheep in my opinion.

Cheap? heres the thing a good guitar player can play on a cheap guitar and make it sound good.

Personally i wouldnt spend alot of money unless your like famous and touring it seems like over kill.