Hi, My friend went on vacation for a month and his 21 birthday is coming up and I wanted to do something awesome, Hes an amazing bassist... So im going to make a bass for him. Ive made a few since I started in Grade 10, Im now In college. Im asking just a simple question, What sounds better with a bass, Chambered body or hollow, He's always talking about he wants something like that... Im making it with a tele style bass body, maple neck and fretboard, Seymour Duncan '57's P Bass pickups, 21 frets, with a Swash Ash body... What sounds better, and has a nice rich sustainable tone?

Thanks!
Damn dude... i wanna be your friend!!

With a Tele-style body, i'd go with a semi-hollow, hands down!.

Check out the G&L ASAT semi-hollow. http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/USA/basses/asat-bass-semihollow/index.asp

With basses, i usually preffer a short-scale with a hollow body (Hoffner/Gretsch), or else it tends to neck-dive pretty badly.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
a bass body with a slab of wood sounds much better as bass frequencies travel better in solids than air.
air has stuff to do with it. it doesn't make it better or worse, just different. chambering will make it sound more or less like a solid body and just be lighter.

actually routing a large section out on the bass side will improve low end frequencies I beleive.
no sir away a papaya war is on