Poll: What should I do?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I do?
Sell for $150
21 68%
Trade for MIJ Strat body, neck, and bridge
10 32%
Voters: 31.
I have 2 offers on a Yamaha FG 75 I'm selling, one is to buy it for $150, the other is offering a MIJ strat body, neck, and bridge for trade, which should I choose?

I'm going to decide based on the poll results
Sell
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
The other deal, does it have any hardware on it, at all? Like, nut and tuners? Or is it just the bridge?
And I'm going to guess that it has no electronics?

I'd say go for the MIJ stuff. You can get decent tuners for about $40, and decent pickups for about $40 as well. And MIJ body wood is pretty good.
I probably have enough parts to build the strat without having to buy anything, i think there is a nut, not sure about tuners but if i get it i will install the sperzels i have on it, the major thing is I can't stand the volume knob placement on strats, but i can always install the pots so they dont get in the way, building a custom pickguard is not problem

the other option is just adding the cash to the guitar fund and buying a higher end guitar soon, which i was planning to do, but then this strat came along

it's just the damn indecision
Quote by mizxou
I probably have enough parts to build the strat without having to buy anything, i think there is a nut, not sure about tuners but if i get it i will install the sperzels i have on it, the major thing is I can't stand the volume knob placement on strats, but i can always install the pots so they dont get in the way, building a custom pickguard is not problem

the other option is just adding the cash to the guitar fund and buying a higher end guitar soon, which i was planning to do, but then this strat came along

it's just the damn indecision

I'd stick with the plan, because if you mess up building the strat you're out a good portion of your investment, and you'd only really be able to recuperate the hardware. I'm gonna have to go with sell.
Quote by TomusAM
inb4 "what you really need is a new amp"

Pssh, we all know what TS really needs is a fog machine.
Quote by L2112Lif
I'd stick with the plan, because if you mess up building the strat you're out a good portion of your investment, and you'd only really be able to recuperate the hardware. I'm gonna have to go with sell.

nah there's like no way I'll mess it up...I've been ****ing with guitars since like a long time ago, I built a shop in my parents basement purely for guitar...and i have a shit load of stew mac tools....anyway, i dont know what im talking about, but a fog machine sounds like it would answer all my problems
alright I went with selling, 150 to the guitar fund, cant complain, thanks guys, dont post anymore, let this thread die. DIE!
For shame, the MIJ strats are nice, some say they're better than the MIA strats. Some decent electronics and tuners and you'd be set, but oh well.
the mij is not out of the equation yet, might still get it on another trade or for cash
Quote by TomusAM
inb4 "what you really need is a fog machine"

fixed
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *