I want to learn how to play blues rhythm guitar better. I can basically do all the stuff on this page: http://www.12bar.de/rhythm.php Just the basic I7 - IV7 - V7 dominant chords and the other power chord-type rhythm where you add the 6 and 7.
I've heard lots of blues guitarists do more interesting things than that, but I don't know where to start. Can anybody guide me a little?
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
I think you should learn some (jazz) theory about substituting progressions like IIm-V7 into chord progressions as secondary dominants like in blues you have the I7, IV7 and V7. So in F blues your IV7 chord would be Bb7. For an example you can approach this chord with a IIm - V7 cadence where you think the IV7 as I or a ''temporary tonic chord''.

Sorry for my bad english and confusing way of explaining things
I also think you should look up some bebob versions of the blues progression. There will be many interesting ideas to use with your advanced blues compin' :P
A very related post I made in another thread:

I bought Robben Fords Art of the Blues Rhythm DVD and its great and some of it is relevant to what you are asking. I then torrented his earlier tuition book / CD called Blues Rhythms and that has a lot more examples of ways to play 12 bars (including most of the examples in the DVD but many more aswell). I reccomend you grab one of those.

The thread its from might also be worth a look https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1433381
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
U could learn some more chord types such as a Major 9, 11 , 13. Minor 9, Minor Suspended.

Sorry for the lack of knowledge, im working on my theory, just trying to help
I've heard lots of blues guitarists do more interesting things than that, but I don't know where to start. Can anybody guide me a little?

I know this sounds prickish, but just dig out those interesting things, figure them out by ear and off the video if it's available. Then figure out how and why it works and how you can use it in other keys and for other progressions.