Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44

So on higher notes phasers will give different sounds than on lower notes?
I mean as in the phaser moving not as in the pitches.
because it delays your signal real quick like 20 miliseconds and if your notes go higher the actual sound wave moves faster than lower notes.
From my limited understanding, the Flanger delays all frequencies by the same amount, whereas the Phaser delays different frequencies differently, depending on the characteristics of the all-pass filter.

So basically a phaser goes WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA
A flanger goes WWWWHWHHWHWHHHHHHFFFFFSSSHHSHSHSHSHHRHRRHRRRRRRRASKGHNolakjnfLIANRKHDG

I could be wrong, though.
Quote by sashki
From my limited understanding, the Flanger delays all frequencies by the same amount, whereas the Phaser delays different frequencies differently, depending on the characteristics of the all-pass filter.

So basically a phaser goes WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA
A flanger goes WWWWHWHHWHWHHHHHHFFFFFSSSHHSHSHSHSHHRHRRHRRRRRRRASKGHNolakjnfLIANRKHDG

I could be wrong, though.

XD
Quote by liampje
How do filters work?

Turn on a faucet and put your hand out flat in the running water. Now spread your fingers apart a little, see how some of the water slips through? Thats what a filter does, only with sound frequencies.
edit: wrong thread :p
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Last edited by WhoDooVooDoo at May 11, 2011,