My final project for my music theory class is coming up. I've decided that I want to arrange a metal song for orchestra and conduct it.

I was thinking more modern tech-death might make the transition pretty well, bands such as Necrophagist, Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod, Gorod, and potentially even Septic Flesh.

But now I ask YOU. What (METAL) song would you like to hear done by an orchestra? Your ideas would be enormously helpful. I'll probably post the finished product here.
Something original, not a cover. It is a music theory class after all, not a "cover this band in a different way" class.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
Where Dead Angels Lie by Dissection! Not death I know, but I think it would sound cool. That or Legion of the Serpent by The Faceless!

Inspired by At The Gates, Dimension Zero, The Black Dahlia Murder etc.

Malsrud

Swedish Melodic Death Metal

Debut album The Disclosure available for free listening at
Facebook and Spotify

Something like Wild Colonial Boy by Devin Townsend would be pretty easy.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
defeated sanity
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by The_Casinator
Dunkelheit by Burzum would be interesting.

I hadn't thought about doing black metal before, but that might actually be awesome. I'll definitely keep it in mind.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
God forbid please no tech-death. That'd be horrific.

Black metal would take the transition marvelously. Septicflesh would as well, but if you do newer Septic Flesh that's kind of cheating because there's so little going on in the guitars.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Some things I could see working:

-Therion: something from Beyond Sanctorum, for example Symphony of the Dead
-Emperor: I Am the Black Wizards or Inno A Satana
-Enslaved: something from Vikinligr Veldi, particularly the instrumental Norvegr
-Summoning: only recently got into them, so I won't recommend any particular songs yet, Dol Guldur has some songs that might work
Last edited by SpatenHTK at May 11, 2011,
Land of the Dead from Summoning would be ****ing amazing by an orchestra.

You could also do Gris. La Dryade is already just piano/violin/acoustic guitar anyway.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"