So I have a delima. Im recording my friends band's demo and I have everything covered when it comes to guitar, bass and vox but the drums are becoming a hassle. 1: I usualy roll with programed drums or electronic kits but I beging to think that this wouldnt be a good route to go due to various factors. 2: im afraid of the band losing the grove they have with out a live kit but I dont have the resourses yet to do an acousic kit.

I was thinking of out sourcing the drums to a local studio to record them but this studio uses pro tools while im a logic knda guy. Aside from the fact I hate his mixs 100%. So I would need to get idividual wav. Tracks from each mic unaltered from him to mix my self and enhance with samples. Then after that work on the rest of the band.

Has anyone done this before? Or is it possible for logic to open a protools project file?
Any suggestions?
Jim root tele
Blue Voodoo 4x12
If you want a great sounding drum track, try these guys, yeah, a bit pricy, but they do a great job. I like to use their free tracks, gets the creative juices flowing.

http://drumsforyou.com/index.php

Also, post this in the RR forms, you'll get better responses.

Idk about your file things, I use Reaper.
Thanks bud, yeah I was torn between posting there and here
Jim root tele
Blue Voodoo 4x12