Can someone recommend me some reverb pedals...I tried the Boss series one...and the Boss series delay...I am not sure if I like them as I didnt get much time to try them out..any suggestions?

Also...is there a pedal that can do delay and reverb seeing as how I do not need TONS of options for each. Thanks.
For cheap, check out the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail. I have one and it sounds great for the low price.
For expensive, check out the wide range of real spring reverb units available.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by JMcG92
For cheap, check out the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail. I have one and it sounds great for the low price.
For expensive, check out the wide range of real spring reverb units available.

+1 for the Holy Grail. It is indeed good. Really awesome reverb pedal for the price tag it has.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Thankyou! I play alot of metal hi gain stuff..and feel like my solos are kinda lifeless... I use a peavey 6505+ and mesa 2x12 cab...would this reverb pedal help distorted solos? (sorry I know like nothing about pedals)
Quote by dvm25
Thankyou! I play alot of metal hi gain stuff..and feel like my solos are kinda lifeless... I use a peavey 6505+ and mesa 2x12 cab...would this reverb pedal help distorted solos? (sorry I know like nothing about pedals)

It will, so long as you make sure to put it in the effects loop, otherwise it'll sound terrible because you'll be distorting the reverb. Though if you dig that sound who am I to disagree.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Neunaber WET is one of the best reverb pedals I've ever heard.
A Boss Space Echo can do reverb and delay quite well, and you can get all sorts of delays.
Last edited by Helicopters! at May 10, 2011,
Boss RV-3. Has delay too
Kinda hard to find now though, boss makes RV-5s now and they're not so acclaimed.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Boss rv-3 does reverb, delay, or both. But to add some depth to solos delay would probably be a better choice than reverb IMO

What is your budget?

check out the hardwire dl-8, boss dd-3,5,7

For a bit higher of a budget check out the line 6 dl4 and boss dd-20
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
are you sure reverb is what you want for high gain?

generally i turn my reverb off for high gain.

digital delay might be better?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
t.c. electronics hall of fame ftw
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
Boss rv-3 does reverb, delay, or both. But to add some depth to solos delay would probably be a better choice than reverb IMO

What is your budget?

check out the hardwire dl-8, boss dd-3,5,7

For a bit higher of a budget check out the line 6 dl4 and boss dd-20

This is a good post, listen to this.

I can definetly recommend the DL-8, the tape emulation on it is amazing.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I would also suggest trying out an ibanez ts9. A lot of metal guitarists use them as a boost for solos. Many of them even use them as a boost all the time haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Neunaber WET reverb. whoa..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PGILUAtHE&feature=channel_video_title

EDIT:

Quote by dvm25

wait.. what? Maybe a reverb for that lifeless clean channel..
Last edited by BobDetroit at May 10, 2011,