Hey im looking to upgrade my live sound equipment. I am getting speaker cabinets that are not powered, so i have to get a separate power amp for them. I was looking at some and i noticed that the wattage goes up with the ohms. ex- 1,000W/ch @ 2 ohms, 800W/ch @ 4 ohms, 475W/ch @ 8 ohms, 2,000W bridged mono @ 4 ohms, 1,600W bridged mono @ 8 ohms. What exactly do the ohms do and what does it mean by bridged? Thank you
Well, ohms are resistance. I=Voltage/Resistance More ohms means less current which means less Wattage. (I think, anyway I'm no good with electronics) Don't know what bridged is
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
Ohms mean resistance in the electric current. If you connect the cables wrong then you could potentially fry your amp and speakers. I'm no expert so I think it's better if someone more capable on this matter will help you. Cheers!
Originally Posted by KamiKaze_fightr
as this was an obvious reference. i would like to say, there is a difference between a french woman yelling shit, and a woman yelling french shit, for some reason i picture that getting sigged xD lol
Quote by Reighnart
Well, ohms are resistance. I=Voltage/Resistance More ohms means less current which means less Wattage. (I think, anyway I'm no good with electronics) Don't know what bridged is

You're right.

Effect = Voltage · Current

Less current, less effect (watt).
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
okay well i think ive narrowed it down to just changing the ohm level. should there be a knob of some sort to change it on the amp or how do you change them?
nevermind i know what your talking about hah dang i look like an idiot lol but yeah thanks a bunch man!