Hi, all! I'm a little concerned here. I left my 12 string at my friends, he said he'd string it up while I was out doing business. I've never strung up a 12 string before so please tell me everything's ok!

The way he's strung it is like so. (starting from "left" to "right" - Low E to High E)

E - 52 28
A - 42 22w
D - 30 14
G - 24w 10
B - 15 15
E - 11 11

Hoping that everything is fine I have a question about tuning that might be noobish.. is it still just standard for both strings for each note? or..?

*worried face*
Sounds normal. The second string for each note is tuned an octave higher, so you use a thinner string.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Sounds normal. The second string for each note is tuned an octave higher, so you use a thinner string.

*relief*

Thank you! I'll tune her up the same then.
So.. it's a Rickenbacker 360-12??? Only one I know that's strung "backwards".
Every 12 I've ever seen is the octave THEN the major note string...starting "left to right"/low/high.
Weight/gauge-wise.. not off by any that I can see. I'm using D'Addrios (sp?) near ta that range; mebbe a tad thinnner (tens @ hi E?) on the Fender (Chinese) 160/12 and I'm pleased with the sound and action.

Best,
D-10
If you mean, which way round the strings go, I believe its the higher octave string nearer to you, when you play the guitar, if that makes sense.

Either that, or I'm doing it wrong...