||-------------------------|-------------------------|

||-10-------8--------7-----|-------------------------|
||-------------------------|-10-----7-----8-----10---|
||----9--------9---------9-|-----7-----7-----7-----7-|
||-------10-------10-------|-------------------------|

You just pick each note twice while palm muting them.
I have a electro harmonix pulsar... maybe I would be able to emulate the picking ?
That may indeed be how he produces this effect, but why not take this opportunity to tackle a difficult technique (alternate picking arps with a bit of string skipping)?

The fingering doesnt seem too challenging, just focus on alternate picking the passage cleanly, articulately and most importantly slowly. After youve perfected it at half speed gradually increase it in increments of a few bpm on the metronome each time.

You could spend a couple weeks perfecting it but the effect would be impressive and it would be a really great workout for your picking technique, not to mention that even played slowly it sounds really good.

Good luck

edit - Just listened again and that is certainly faster than I can play at the moment but dont be put off just because its hard - thats why its so useful to learn. Youre going to have to really slow it down though.

You mentioned your arm hurt when you tried to play fast - This is a symptom of bad technique. You need to make sure that when you pick there is no tension in your hand/wrist/arm/shoulder as this will hold you back and cause injury. Make sure that when alternate picking faster stuff you are using your wrist and not your arm, and that you arent anchoring (watch paul gilberts picking hand as a reference for godly technique). Look up alternate picking lessons on youtube and this site (Freepower has some good stuff and there is a good technique sticky in the Guitar Techniques subforum)
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at May 10, 2011,
thank you very much for the help! I will definetly give this a try!

I can play it no problem on "normal picking" and skipping strings is no problem, but few!! that alternate picking is something!

I've only been playing for 1 year so it might take a wile, but thank you!!!
Good luck mate, even if you never get it quite up to speed it will definitely be a good picking exercise. Remember to start slow and relaxed. And dont forget the palm muting, even when practicing it slowly.

And if you have Guitar Pro software (search for a torrent for an (illegal) download if you dont) and can find a Guitar Pro tab for this song you can select the section your practicing and slow it down and loop it. You can even set it to gradually increase the tempo each repeat - a great practice tool.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at May 10, 2011,