I'm looking for a good recording interface like fast track, mbox, or whatever. I never got too into the recording thing but I want to buy something to start doing some recordings.

I need a recording interface for normal instruments, DI, and Midi as well. I run a PC but I can do either USB or Firewire, doesn't matter to me. I'll also be running Pro Tools as well.

Thanks a bunch!

And one last note, I don't have a ton of money to spend, so the cheaper the better. ^_^
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R is amazing and a great price if you want to record with a lot of XLR inputs. (like if you want to record drums)
yeah, go for the tascam us-1800. cheap and with all the i/o's youll need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

Just as good as any other interface of the same level. Do u mean with the actual recordings or say the sound it sends out through the monitors?
Is there a reason why the Tascam 1800 is so cheap when it has so many freakin things on it?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Focusrite SAPPHIRE hands down - I have 4 and the Focusrite wins!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Phry
Is there a reason why the Tascam 1800 is so cheap when it has so many freakin things on it?

Because its built cheaply with meh parts. Finally tired one, wasn't impressed.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp