So I was just curious what arpeggios are used in songs. and can you name some songs and the arpeggios that they use. thank you bunches for anyone who replies
That's like asking what chords are practical to use.

Partial, full and multiple-octave arpeggios are used so frequently in melodies and accompaniments that you'd have to be pretty specific with what you mean.

Maj, min, dim, aug, sus2, sus4, 7, maj7, min7, m7b5 and dim7 would be a good start.
Quote by supersac
if you know what sound you want all of them

you have to be more specific but major and minor arpeggios are used th emost

Thank you! I figured it would be major and minor. I was just fooling around with dominant 7th arpeggios. and didnt know if there was a practical use for it.
Quote by blue_strat
That's like asking what chords are practical to use.

Partial, full and multiple-octave arpeggios are used so frequently in melodies and accompaniments that you'd have to be pretty specific with what you mean.

Maj, min, dim, aug, sus2, sus4, 7, maj7, min7, m7b5 and dim7 would be a good start.

And i know this question seemed silly but I wanted peoples opinions on the ones that they use.
Quote by TB!Guitar
Thank you! I figured it would be major and minor. I was just fooling around with dominant 7th arpeggios. and didnt know if there was a practical use for it.

...you didnt understand my post

major and minor are used the most but all of them are applicable
try G7 arrpegio and then a C major
Last edited by supersac at May 10, 2011,
All arpeggios are practical to use, and more songs use them than don't. I've arpeggiated more chords than I actually know.
The only chord I know of that can't be arpeggiated is Σbm7.
Quote by TB!Guitar

if you are playing jazz or blues or another genre that commonly uses dominant 7th chords, dominant 7th chords would naturally be very useful. but generally major and minor are the most useful, although i am rather fond of the diminished 7th arpeggio. it can be very useful in many situations if you learn to use it properly.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
one of the best dictems for figuring out what to work on musically comes from sarah palin:
"um, all of them".
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)