Hello there all at my local Guitar Center there is a used Squire Jazz bass I emailed the store asking what kind of Squire jazz it is. It has a gold Squire logo on it so I'm guessing that it is a higher end jazz. There is also a Squire II P bass that I'm also looking at for those who don't know the Squire II is mad in Korea I think its from the late 80's early 90's. So my question is what one would be the higher end bass. Both are around the same price $125 for the jazz and $150 for the Squire II.
So you are just worried about which one is the higher end?
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Which do you more like to play?

Personally, I'd go for the Squire II.

Here's my reasons.

(1) I like the P bass sound. (my favorite bass is a Jass style)

(2) The P bass is much cheaper to upgrade because the Jass
has two pickups and more wiring.

Here's my example. I have a early 2000's Affinity Bass that was
originally bought by my wife for my son. I recently took a liking
to it.

I put some better knobs on it and installed an Original Fender
62 pickup in it. The 62 pup is about $60.

I promise you,, the 62 pup does not compare to the stock Squire
pup. They are two totally different animals. That becomes evident
when you unwrap the 62 pup. Then the sound is fabulous...... No
longer is there this difference in the way the small strings sound.
It's even across the board. It is just killer!!!

It's so awesome, sometimes I get goose bumps.

It is a total SLEEPER

Tabdog
Last edited by tabdog at May 10, 2011,
i beleive the squire ii will be the better instrument, but it should really come down to weather you want a jazz or a P bass. I would go for the P hands down just cuz its a P.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Squier, people.

Also, when it comes to lower-end instruments (which Squiers are), it's generally better to judge on an instrument by instrument basis.

In other words, my advice would be to play them both and decide when they're in your hands. Look them over, feel them, listen to them. If you can't find a difference quality-wise then it's all down to which you prefer the sound/look/idea of.

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Well if I do get the Squier II I will definitely have to repaint it because I really don't like the color of it.
Don't be too concerned about color at first, and you could damage the bass if you don't know what you are doing.
Quote by tabdog

I put some better knobs on it and installed an Original Fender
62 pickup in it. The 62 pup is about $60.

I promise you,, the 62 pup does not compare to the stock Squire
pup. They are two totally different animals. That becomes evident
when you unwrap the 62 pup. Then the sound is fabulous...... No
longer is there this difference in the way the small strings sound.
It's even across the board. It is just killer!!!

It's so awesome, sometimes I get goose bumps.

DUDE!!!

Serious bro-ment going on here...

I took my 90's MiM Fender (Squire series) P and also put new knobs and a 62' ri pup in it... loaded it with some d'addario chromes and i am in LOVE!

To the OP.. try them. They are completely different basses. Judging a bass' usability based on its price-tag is not a good way of doing things.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Radtastic89
Well if I do get the Squier II I will definitely have to repaint it because I really don't like the color of it.

If you don't like the way it looks, then don't buy it. Why buy something you can't stand to look at? I agree with the others though, buy the one that feels/sounds good and that fits your playing style & buget, but looks DO matter. However, it's probably the LAST thing you should judge an instrument on.

Personally, I have a 4 string Squier Jazz bass. I upgraded the pickups to Basslines and put on a Bad Ass bridge. I love it!!

For what it would cost you to buy it and have it re-painted (correctly), you might as well buy a brand new Squier! That way, you get EXACTLY what you want.

my 2 cents...