Hey guys,

So, yesterday I posted asking what I should get for my guitar and one of the posters said that buying in a rush is never good and that I would regret it. So after giving it a thought. I decided: should I buy the BKP Nailbomb for my guitar? Or continue saving up for the Sanpera 2?

Thanks.
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Sanpera II funds: $206

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
don't waste your time on pickup swaps if you are playing modeling amps.
Guitars
Amps
^ See why buying stuff in a hurry can be bad?

You wouldn't have known.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
*sigh* let's go over this again, boys and girls.
Here's a list of how much gear affects your tone, from most to least (generally speaking)
AMP>Pedals>Guitar>Pickups>Wood of guitar>Wood of neck>Strings>Cables>Picks.
There are a few things I missed but this is it. So if you want the biggest change in your tone, get a new amp.
However, there's a lot that can be said for just learning how to maximize the potential of the gear you've got. There's a lot more that can be said for bettering your tone by becoming a better player. By learning how to control your technique you can coax a much better tone out of the same gear using the same settings than someone who isn't as good as you.

tl;dr if your amp does everything you need it to then save up and get the Sanpera II. If you need a drastic change in your amp's tone or capabilities then save up for a new one.
Last edited by Helicopters! at May 10, 2011,
Quote by Helicopters!
*sigh* let's go over this again, boys and girls.
Here's a list of how much gear affects your tone, from most to least (generally speaking)
AMP>Pedals>Guitar>Pickups>Wood of guitar>Wood of neck>Strings>Cables>Picks.
There are a few things I missed but this is it. So if you want the biggest change in your tone, get a new amp.
However, there's a lot that can be said for just learning how to maximize the potential of the gear you've got. There's a lot more that can be said for bettering your tone by becoming a better player. By learning how to control your technique you can coax a much better tone out of the same gear using the same settings than someone who isn't as good as you.

tl;dr if your amp does everything you need it to then save up and get the Sanpera II. If you need a drastic change in your amp's tone or capabilities then save up for a new one.

While I totally agree on the practice and get the most out of what you have, just listing an order of percentage of tone is opening a huge can of worms.

Really disagree all over that list but to arrgue it is wasted energy. Its all been done, the horse is nothing but a dusty pile of bones...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Listing the "breakdown of your tone" is one of my biggest pet peeves with posts on this site. People can't seem to avoid lists for some reason. If I've learned anything about gear over time its that you can't break it down like that.

And LOL at cables having more effect on your sound than picks.
Quote by al112987
Listing the "breakdown of your tone" is one of my biggest pet peeves with posts on this site. People can't seem to avoid lists for some reason. If I've learned anything about gear over time its that you can't break it down like that.

And LOL at cables having more effect on your sound than picks.

I agree.

And fingers should be first on that list.
You seem to really like your vypyr, if you didnt there would be no point in getting the footswitch. That being the sanpera would be the best option to get, since your probably gonna want it eventually. But its a little bit weird getting a footswitch worth about as much as your amp. The bareknuckle would make a difference, but honestly you would enjoy the sanpera more.
Spending more on your pickups than your guitar or amp is a very bad idea - Unless of course you got an insanely good deal on a nice amp or guitar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com