How long is your finger...
I seem to have short fingers for a bassist and I was curious on how far off I am.
I c wut u did thurrr
Do you want 4 seperate measurements? Um okay, pointer 4 in., middle 4.3 in, ring 4.2 in, pinky>9000 in.
I got big hands.

I got arthritis in my old age. My fingers won't spread
out any more.

Now I like a different neck and I play a different style,

I've seen quality players with short fingers. Their
hands resembled a stylus on a type writer the way
their hands moved over the board and the fingers
would come down at the right time,,,,,,,

COOL,,,,,,,

Tabdog
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986625

As you can see from this thread I probably have some of the smaller hands on the forum. And yet I can handle a Pbass and an 3/4 upright. Its all in the practice and the skills
Quote by Cb4rabid
Ive got big hands, bigger than most guys. Im blessed

your hands are compensating for something

OT: yeah, I've got kinda long fingers, I don't see how it makes a whole lot of difference when you have good technique though.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
It's all on technique not finger length IMO.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by gilly_90
your hands are compensating for something

OT: yeah, I've got kinda long fingers, I don't see how it makes a whole lot of difference when you have good technique though.

Yeah, they need to be bigger in order to grasp the long, thick, wooden shaft of my bass neck.

Also, technique goes a long way, but it doesn't hurt having long fingers.

my penis is pretty big too ololololol
pinga
I've got short fingers, but I can work 'em! I can hit frets 1-4 on my E string, on my P Elites. Those necks are like 2x6s. When I bought a bass with a jazz neck, It was VERY easy to play. The narrow neck took some getting used to. But, I'm still partial to my Elites. They're my girls!
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at May 11, 2011,
Quote by Cb4rabid
Yeah, they need to be bigger in order to grasp the long, thick, wooden shaft of my bass neck.

Also, technique goes a long way, but it doesn't hurt having long fingers.

my penis is pretty big too ololololol

WTFFFF??? No advertising if that's what that was... and somebodies favorite disney movie was Pinocchio me thinks
3-3.5 inches. 7.5 inch spread from index to pinky finger when im trying hard. if you can do this chord you are fine

A4
E1
no sir away a papaya war is on
My fingers are quite short (middle finger is 3") so there are only a few basses out there that I can play effectively. Thing is, I love the P Bass sound and vibe...so I'm always looking for the P Bass with the smallest neck I can find. (The one I generally use has a standard Jazz profile, which usually feels about right).
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
small hands just look more impressive when they go all Mr Fantastic on the frets. thats the only difference, bass wise.

but you know what they say about big hands...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
My hands are fairly small; my middle finger's about 3 inches. But I play a 35" six string without any problems, so I'd say hand size won't really hold you back that much.
MİNES ARE SMALL!!! too small for a guitarist or a bassist... almost same lengh with girls

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
Quote by the_perdestrian
what are you playing on?

and welcome to the forum.

Thanks, I'm playing a Spector Legend Classic 6.
nice. i play a schecter stiletto custom 6. good to see more 6ers out there.
no sir away a papaya war is on