Calling All Of The Pit's Guitar Players V16 - Intermediate Tier Voting.

Poll: Which?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which?
Niejel
8 36%
Oneblackened
14 64%
Voters: 22.
Intermediate tier voting. Vote based on which performance you prefer, not which song you like best. Please do not vote unless you have seen all the entries for this tier. Good luck

Niejel: Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow by Bullet For My Valentine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIpQNWLylYI

Oneblackened: World of Lies by At The Gates http://soundcloud.com/davidfuller-1/world-of-lies-cover
Last edited by Random3 at May 10, 2011,
Quote by niejel
my guitar's not on good octave tuning.

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
there are two kinds of tuning.

the string tuning (E-A-D-G-B-e thingy) and the octave tuning of the guitar.

it pertains to the tuning of the guitar in the frets, the tension, height from fretboard, blah blah blah.

for example, D string. the 2nd fret and 14th fret should be E. instead, on my guitar, 2nd fret is E while 14th fret sounds a bit in the middle of E and Eb. Geddit?
Quote by niejel
there are two kinds of tuning.

the string tuning (E-A-D-G-B-e thingy) and the octave tuning of the guitar.

it pertains to the tuning of the guitar in the frets, the tension, height from fretboard, blah blah blah.

for example, D string. the 2nd fret and 14th fret should be E. instead, on my guitar, 2nd fret is E while 14th fret sounds a bit in the middle of E and Eb. Geddit?

Intonate it?
Mine was fixed after a setup. The twelveth fret was a solid 90 cents sharper than the harmonic now its only a few cents off.
This was difficult, both of you did a fantastic job with these songs. I'm voting neijel. The quality of your videos have improve recently. Plus the vocals were a nice touch, I love BFMV
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by niejel
mine's a crappy 100 dollar thing.

An equalizer might improve it... or a new amp.
you're a stone fox
I think Oneblackened did slightly better. It was a tighter recording, niejel's felt a little uncoordinated compared to it.
Excellent job to both of you though
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Oneblackened. Better song, better sound and better playing. Also, I hate BfmV, but it doesn't really have anything to do with it.
Quote by chaos13
I think Oneblackened did slightly better. It was a tighter recording, niejel's felt a little uncoordinated compared to it.
Excellent job to both of you though

I beg to differ.
I found a lot of palm muted parts in Blackened's recording to not sound as muted as the original- probably didnt manage to put his hand where its exactly supposed to me, happens to me quite often.
Yeah, the guitars were also a little too over-gained on the recording. I let some ring out by accident, I'll freely admit that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at May 11, 2011,