Page 1 of 2
Portland would like a word with you.

I know not a state.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Portland would like a word with you.

I know not a state.

Well Minneapolis did also recently dethrone Portland as the most bicycle friendly city in the nation. I think Oregon is becoming too mainstream for hipsters these days
I think your forgetting about tiny towns in Idaho where nothing ever becomes mainstream.
you're a stone fox
Quote by goest
I long for the day when the term "hipster" is put back to rest.

I had only heard of them on here, but then I saw one at Chili's...
you're a stone fox
Quote by SlayingDragons
Bikes, local produce, Juno, and google searches for 'hipster' makes a place more hipster-populated?

Giant theater scene, tons of farmer's markets(i.e. organics/veg and vegan friendly food), a ton of local venues ranging from stadiums, large theaters to hole in the walls you'd miss if they weren't pointed out to you, and sports teams so bad the only way to support them is ironically. Makes total sense.
Uhh excuse me? Ann Arbor, MI is clearly the hipster capital of the US.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
If we're lucky they'll all freeze up there.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
My girlfriend's douchey hipster brother agrees.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by crazy8rgood
Luckily they don't really fully even exist.

Explain? I know the origin of the term "hipster" came from someone that was viewed as hip in the jazz scene, but I'm not picking up what you're throwing down if you know what I mean, you dig?
Quote by wizards?
Explain? I know the origin of the term "hipster" came from someone that was viewed as hip in the jazz scene, but I'm not picking up what you're throwing down if you know what I mean, you dig?

I mean the version of hipsters that's overblown by the internet doesn't exist. The starbucks/mac loving, "look at how underground my music taste is it obviously makes me better than you" sort of hipster.

And since I know someone will point it out, yes, I realize I listen to a load of music that is underground and that I read Pitchfork nearly daily, but I don't act like it makes me better than everyone, I just genuinely enjoy the music.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at May 10, 2011,
Quote by crazy8rgood
I mean the version of hipsters that's overblown by the internet doesn't exist. The starbucks/mac loving, "look at how underground my music taste is it obviously makes me better than you" sort of hipster.

And since I know someone will point it out, yes, I realize I listen to a load of music that is underground and that I read Pitchfork nearly daily, but I don't act like it makes me better than everyone, I just genuinely enjoy the music.

I live in Washington State, and at my high school there are plenty of them.
Quote by crazy8rgood

They completely exist. I'm friends with a good number of them. They are exactly as the internet describes them, but they're still fun dudes
Quote by crazy8rgood

I'm pretty sure you just summed up half of my graduating class a few years back. I assure you, they exist. Every stereotype comes from a kernel of reality.

Quote by crazy8rgood

I gave up on Pitchfork when they gave Kanye a perfect 10, but I agree with what you're saying. I'm the exact same way.
Last edited by wizards? at May 10, 2011,
Why cant we have a hipster genocide? All we need is a "Hipler" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you're a stone fox
Hipsters definitely exist, but the people I know who throw the term around the most are the biggest I've met.
Quote by Saint78
Why cant we have a hipster genocide? All we need is a "Hipler" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are a sociopath.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Maybe not in your area but they do exist.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by wizards?
I'm pretty sure you just summed up half of my graduating class a few years back. I assure you, they exist. Every stereotype comes from a kernel of reality.

Well then, maybe I'm wrong, and now that I think of it, most the people that I'm friends with would fall under some of that categorization, and shit, they and I get called hipsters all the time, but whatever, I like to think I'm a decent person, and I damn well like to think I associate with decent people.

Stereotyping is stupid.
Quote by due 07
You are a sociopath.

God theres something wrong with me.

EDIT:
Quote by wizards?
Oh boy you're going to love this...

http://hipsterhitler.com/

God that was stupid...

...hehehehehe
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at May 10, 2011,
crazy8ergood, don't you like MGMT? They are like the epitome of stereotypical hipster.

Fwiw, I hate most of the hipsters I know. Not because they are hipsters, but because they have bad personalities. I don't care if someone is a hipster or not.
Quote by due 07
crazy8ergood, don't you like MGMT? They are like the epitome of stereotypical hipster.

Fwiw, I hate most of the hipsters I know. Not because they are hipsters, but because they have bad personalities. I don't care if someone is a hipster or not.

My avatar is them playing at some music festival >.>

Also my user title may or may not be Animal Collective lyrics <.<

Okay, so I might be a hipster, I guess, I'm reluctant to say that, but I don't think I'm a bad person, generally.
Quote by due 07
I live in Washington State, and at my high school there are plenty of them.

Washington I live there too. What part do you reside?
I can totally vouch for the hipster-ness of Minneapolis. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life and currently go to the University of Minnesota, and you can't go 5 feet out your door without seeing a hipster. Also you can't forget about Uptown Minneapolis aka Hipster Central....
I still haven't seen that many hipsters where I live. I see a few every day I guess, but they aren't very stereotypical and I wouldn't mind hanging out with most of them. Better than all of the white trash we get.

But, when I got to Seattle or Portland, it's crawling with them. I went to a Mogwai show last week, 90% of people there were hipsters. I don't mind hipster fashion and music, so I welcome them.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at May 10, 2011,
Quote by crazy8rgood
My avatar is them playing at some music festival >.>

Also my user title may or may not be Animal Collective lyrics <.<

Okay, so I might be a hipster, I guess, I'm reluctant to say that, but I don't think I'm a bad person, generally.

I'm sure you aren't. There's some hipsters that are "bad people", but that isn't because they are hipsters. I know a few who just enjoy the music and dress like hipsters, but they don't have the bored, snobby attitude that hipsters are stereotyped with.

Anyone who thinks hipsters are bad peeps is probably a bad peep. Judge on the content of character, not stereotypes.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Unless you lord bands over other people because they haven't heard of them, then I wouldn't call you a hipster. You just dig decent music.

I wrote a paper on hipsters as a subculture last semester for a writing class so I've given this kind of stuff a lot of thought.

Quote by Fly-By-Night
I can totally vouch for the hipster-ness of Minneapolis. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life and currently go to the University of Minnesota, and you can't go 5 feet out your door without seeing a hipster. Also you can't forget about Uptown Minneapolis aka Hipster Central....

Uptown is the shit. I love The Lagoon more than certain members of my family...
Last edited by wizards? at May 10, 2011,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I still haven't seen that many hipsters where I live. I see a few every day I guess, but they aren't very stereotypical and I wouldn't mind hanging out with most of them. Better than all of the white trash we get.

Oh my lord, the white trash here is fucking pathetic. Rednecks are bad people, not hipsters.

Blegh.
Quote by due 07
Oh my lord, the white trash here is fucking pathetic. Rednecks are bad people, not hipsters.

Blegh.

Dude, trust me, I know I lived in Zillah for 14 years, and the only difference here is there are actually Asians and black people, but it's still all about rodeos and other unnecessary shit over here.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by due 07

Blegh.

Oh my god, this.

I live in Florida, we don't even have real rednecks, we have kids who think being "redneck" is cool and paint Southern flags on their pick up trucks and go mudding and basically just hang out in the woods all day drinking and being useless pieces of trash.

One of the biggest "rednecks" in my school is from the fucking Czech Republic. They are the fakest sons of bitches I have ever seen, they are pretty much the equivalent of middle class white kids who act like they're from the ghetto.
Quote by due 07

Blegh.

I live in Oklahoma, white trash is abundant.
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 2