Judging by the title, you probably know my problem. Sweeps, meh, scale licks up and down the neck, meh, string skipping, meh. I've been doing that all the time, and it's easy. But I realized something a while ago, that I just can't do.

I have no goddamn vibrato. I mean, it's there, but it sounds like shit. I really lose any sort of voice I give my guitar when it comes to bends. So UG, how can I go about fixing this? Any good practice routines? and good songs/bands to listen to? don't even mention anything with Zakk Wylde, I'm already going down that road :P. but any other help would be appreciated.
If you haven't already, try to memorize just how much to bend the string to make the pitch raise a certain amount. Knowing how to bend exactly where you need to is very helpful.
Blues, jimi hendrix, that kind of stuff, imo.

There is also "classical" side-to-side vibrato, which is more subtle. Though blues music is usually (always?) heavy in vibrato/bending, so this would be the best option.
Quote by unyinz
If you haven't already, try to memorize just how much to bend the string to make the pitch raise a certain amount. Knowing how to bend exactly where you need to is very helpful.

I feel retarded that I haven't thought of this already. Thank you so much good sir.
Watch some videos with steve vai and try to learn his kind of circle vibrato, it might be a good thing to learn aswell.
Sometimes vibrato sounds wrong because it's not in time (or too random). If you want a more controlled, even vibrato, try working to a metronome- YES a metronome!

When you vibrato a note, you need to be able to control the speed (as well as the width, but I think that's been mentioned) and adjust it to the mood and pace of the song. Playing controlled vibrato in time to a metronome won't sound all that great, but it'll definitely help you gain a bit of control and consistency in your vibrato.

The end result can't really be taught though, as how you "vibrato" is a huge part of who you are as a player, and it should be somewhat unique to you. All you can practice is controlling it so that it doesn't sound like a random, out of tune, floppy mess.
Unison bends are good for seeing how accurate you are. They sound horrible if they are even slightly out.
Most guitar players don't learn it by doing exercises, but here are some that I learned from other string instruments.

Take a metronome. Set it to a slow speed. Like 60 bpm. Vibrato along with the beat. You're going to have to choose how, since there is the classical method of pushing down the string on the fret and releasing it slightly, the rotating motion, or the pulling it up or down motion, plus probably others. For a well rounded sound, it would be cool to get good at all of them, but that's probably expecting too much, so just work on one and get it really controlled for now.

Once you can do it at 60 bpm and make it really, really smooth and controlled, start varying the time. Change it up to vibrato to a triplet or duplet feel, make it slightly faster. Keep mastering these and make sure they are very, very smooth and controlled (I can't emphasize this enough). Eventually you'll get to some really fast speeds and by this time, you should have a vibrato that is pretty much second nature and you should be really good at controlling it.

This is only half of the battle though as the whole point of vibrato is to make things sound good and add expression to your music. If you're good at the things that you say you are, you already should know scales and exercises and that junk, so start doing those, but pick notes to vibrato, start adding vibrato and work on which style sounds best. Do that for a while and eventually it will just be second nature to throw it into your passages and playing.