Basically what I wanna do is play both guitar and bass parts...a la Jack White.

However I want to run the guitar into an ABY box and into two separate amps, one a guitar amp and the other a bass amp(for the bass sound).

However I need a good octave pedal to deliver lots of low end and a good faux bass sound.

Any suggestions?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
EHX Micro POG would do the trick.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
EHX Micro POG would do the trick.

Well its sound and tracking are sublime to say the least...however the fact it only goes one octave down kinda bothered me....
would a pitch converter pedal not do the trick and just take it way down?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Other than the POG, there's the EHX POG 2 and HOG. Boss OC-2/3, PS-5/6, Digitech Whammy etc etc

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by Guitar0player
Well its sound and tracking are sublime to say the least...however the fact it only goes one octave down kinda bothered me....

Like has been said, bass is only one octave lower than guitar anyway.
8 string guitar (Agile) tuned down 1½ steps to E. Or maybe not, but it would be an interesting idea.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at May 11, 2011,
Quote by Guitar0player
Basically what I wanna do is play both guitar and bass parts...a la Jack White.

However I want to run the guitar into an ABY box and into two separate amps, one a guitar amp and the other a bass amp(for the bass sound).

However I need a good octave pedal to deliver lots of low end and a good faux bass sound.

Any suggestions?

If you just want to replicate bass, I'd say the HOG or POG I/II would be best. If you additionally want the glisses through octaves that Jack White does, you're going to need some sort of whammy pedal. The tracking won't be as good and it will make some digital sounds, but I find that if you run it though a fuzz before the amp, it smooths it out pretty well and then you can eq most of the static out for the most part. It's not perfect and it won't do clean bass nearly as well as the octaver options, but it can work.
Quote by Martindecorum
Bass is actually only one octave lower, or am i mistaking

I am pretty sure that two octaves lower.
Quote by Guitar0player

The low e of an electric guitar has a frequency of 82Hz, on a bass it's 41Hz. So one octave.
Quote by TheQuailman
The low e of an electric guitar has a frequency of 82Hz, on a bass it's 41Hz. So one octave.

O.O
Quote by Guitar0player

No, it is only 1 octave lower. However, the longer profile and bigger strings add additional frequencies that are lower which affect the timbre of the instrument. The notes you are playing are one octave lower however and you would fake a bass sound by using something that makes 1 octave lower sounds. If you did two, the lowest notes I don't think are even audible aside from a rumbly sort of sound because you need a really good subwoofer to produce notes that low.

EDIT: Actually scratch that. If you're in e tuning, you may just make it in the range of human hearing, but it's not gonna sound like much.
Last edited by Warrior47 at May 11, 2011,
EHX octave multiplexer, pretty cheap, does it pretty convincing too IMO. No polyphony though.

^E0 is 20.6hz, just in he range of human hearing, its pretty much just rumble and farting at that frequency though.
Quote by beckyjc

^E0 is 20.6hz, just in he range of human hearing, its pretty much just rumble and farting at that frequency though.

Not to mention that hardly any speaker, even bass speakers, will actually reproduce such frequencies audibly.
Maybe that Boss PS-6 will work for you too. I played with one a bit, but not real intensively. I know it can shift 2 octaves up or down. I got one on order, should have it soon. I got it more for the 3 voice harmony modes.
Quite a few speakers would reproduce 20hz id think, just not too well so you'd have to turn it up. My £20 sub will reproduce 20hz but i have to double the volume to be able to hear it.

If its outside of the speced frequency response it doesnt necissarily mean it wont work, its just not to the best. The graph will tell you that.
Last edited by beckyjc at May 11, 2011,
Quote by beckyjc
Quite a few speakers would reproduce 20hz id think, just not too well so you'd have to turn it up. My £20 sub will reproduce 20hz but i have to double the volume to be able to hear it.

If its outside of the speced frequency response it doesnt necissarily mean it wont work, its just not to the best. The graph will tell you that.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The volume most speakers will reach at 20Hz or so is so low, the frequency will be drowned out by any other frequencies played at the same time. Or if you'd play a 20Hz note and then played one at, say 100Hz, there'd be a significant difference in volume.

Basically, all you can hope for with 20Hz is for the speaker to reproduce the overtones at a level that can actually be worked with.
Actually I tried the two octave setting on my US600...sounded like shite.
The guy from Middle Class Rut (2 piece w/guitar and drums) splits his signal and uses a POG2 and a bass DI into an Ampeg. He also uses loopers and a Digitech whammy for pitch shifting.
Quote by Guitar0player

POG2 has 2 octaves down and 2 octaves up to mix in seperately.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
When you say ala Jack White, do you mean The Hardest Button To Button sorta stuff, or Blue Orchid?

HBTB is done on a Whammy and Blue Orchid is done on a POG
Quote by andyscoot
When you say ala Jack White, do you mean The Hardest Button To Button sorta stuff, or Blue Orchid?

HBTB is done on a Whammy and Blue Orchid is done on a POG

The blue orchid sound can be done on a whammy using the first setting on the harmony list which is octave down + normal signal or octave up + normal signal
Micro POG all the way. I use mine all the time in my 2 piece guitar/drums rock band.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Zoot Allures
The blue orchid sound can be done on a whammy using the first setting on the harmony list which is octave down + normal signal or octave up + normal signal

I am assuming that he is wanting to get low notes on a guitar. Listen to the intro to Seven Nation Army, that is done with a sub octave pedal.

Look at a Boss OC-3 Super Octave pedal. I believe that does exactly the same job. It is capable of playing your notes up to two octaves down from what you are tuned too. I'm sure the Boss OC-3 will be available where he lives, it is more common than the other sub-octave I posted.
Morpheus Droptune can go an octave down
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I use the EHX MicroPOG - tracks every thing fine. Adjust the eq on your amp accordingly and use the neck pickup, you can barely tell the difference.

I have a Boss OC-2, no polyphony though.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.