I wrote the main riff from this a while back, only got around to finishing it today. Looking for feedback on the bridge + the outro (around 2:42 to the end) to see if it works with the rest of the song. Not too fussed on the mix, my focus was on the actual song structure and feel. Comments would be grouse!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Drummerrrrr%3F/music/play995862

and C4C!
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at May 11, 2011,
Nice riffs. You also managed to get a really clear tone out of being tuned so low, so kudos for that too. The structure is good too. I really like around 1:11 the most - really catchy riffs there. I'd love to hear this with some vocals though.

Now for what you asked for; The bridge is really nice and suspenseful. The fast riff is really cool and when the chords come over it's got this really nice dissonance sort of thing going on (kinda like lots of Korn's older stuff had). All round it's a pretty sweet bridge/outro and suits the rest of the song well imo
those are some nice heavy riffs bud! i really did enjoy it! i would say throw in some melodies to accompany the heavy riffs in pieces through the song...just so it gives the listener something else to pay attention to, then come back to the heavy riffs. and i think the bridge and outro completely go well with the song! it almost has a "St. Anger" feel ... but with better drums lol!

c4c? check out my first original too ... i've already updated it from the point of upload ... but still any critique would be nice
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437904
It's pretty good, well done! I'd agree that with the others that the tone is pretty cool especially for Drop A. However I think it could do with more lead pieces, either that or vocals.

Since you're offering c4c - My Album .
Loving the heavyness of it. The bridge was a perfect way to change up the song without out going to far. Loved how u quieted down and really built it up for when the heavy guitars really came in. Great climax. Really enjoyed it...i found myself headbanging to it lol. You can go two ways with it with vocals or you could throw in an awesome lead guitar and it could be an instrumental. I myself would like to hear some vocals

Could you crit mine
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440466
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Ok I will crit as I listen. Very nice sound. Heavy riffs-I like. Got that sort of stacked actors feel. Break down with that open A note is brutal but not over powering.

Ok when you hit what I assume is the chorus (octave chords) it needs some low notes in there maybe even double time drumming or something to showcase it a bit more.

My only real criticism so far is its a bit repetitive. Aside that its very cool. Oooh bridge, I like you. I like you a lot. Heavy outro riff could do with a little more work if im honest but the hefty sound is still there which is good. Low note to finish and some jangly guitar adds a nice melodic ending to a blast of low guitar mayhem.

Overall 7/10

Criticisms-repetitiveness BUT this would change with vocals.

Crit mine?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mimas-attack/171783702844855
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Thanks for the feedback, guys!
I do have vocals in mind for the song, yet to write lyrics or find a vocalist as of yet. Just to clarify the song is recorded in AADGBE tuning which is the E string dropped to A, not too be confused with the entire guitar being a 3 1/2 steps down.
All the effects are down with my DigiTech GNX3 which is usually a hunk of junk but it gives a decent dirty tone to this song.

Toby, I left a crit for The Ego and the Id on your profile + liked your FB page!
OK WE GOIN IN

That ick drum is a bit basketball but you arent askin for that. Fun transition of riffs we guess, keeping things fresh. The tone is interesting and not too cliche for this type of music. Could picture some good vocals going on over this repetive riff, soundgarden-ish. The rhythm of the couple riffs in the first section are too similar for us, think that it a bit uninspired. wailin on those octaves, it cool. The last riff seems to be a completely different idea the moment just comes to a halt then it's kind of brought back? It's around 3 minutes where you really lose momentum because of too much compartmentalized riffing.

Overall, well done, fits in the style, but right now there isn't toooo much substance that'd keep me comin back

6/10

Hit with the luv here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440810
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Great sound man, even better riffage.

I love the riff that first comes in at 20 secs. It's so tasty! I also like the tone a lot, it sounds fat without being muddy so thats another plus. The sections followed nicely into one another which was cool as well.
I also love the panning automation idea at around 3 minutes in. Thats awesome!
I also loved how you used the low tunings a little more sparingly than some do. I.e. not involving it every riff, it gave it a much better sense of power and beefyness when you did use it.
I think you need to make the kick punchier and a little bit more obvious, it seems to have a lot of low thud, but not much 'slap' so i think it gets lost behind the bass. If you're not into slappy sounding kicks, maybe consider side chaining it to the bass to make a bit of room for it?

I also felt that whilst your snare sound was quite a nice, it maybe could have done with sounding 'bigger'. Maybe layer it up with another one, or compress to bring up the level of the 'after snare' sounds to make it sound bigger, but that might sound kinda 80's disco, I dunno!

Overall, awesome!

C4C - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442294
This is tight man! Reminds me kinda of something tom morello might make as one of the other guys said. I think maybe the bass part could come out some more to beef up the bottom of the mix. As it is though, sounds good and actually grabbed my attention
Quote by i am iron man
Great sound man, even better riffage.

I love the riff that first comes in at 20 secs. It's so tasty! I also like the tone a lot, it sounds fat without being muddy so thats another plus. The sections followed nicely into one another which was cool as well.
I also love the panning automation idea at around 3 minutes in. Thats awesome!
I also loved how you used the low tunings a little more sparingly than some do. I.e. not involving it every riff, it gave it a much better sense of power and beefyness when you did use it.
I think you need to make the kick punchier and a little bit more obvious, it seems to have a lot of low thud, but not much 'slap' so i think it gets lost behind the bass. If you're not into slappy sounding kicks, maybe consider side chaining it to the bass to make a bit of room for it?

I also felt that whilst your snare sound was quite a nice, it maybe could have done with sounding 'bigger'. Maybe layer it up with another one, or compress to bring up the level of the 'after snare' sounds to make it sound bigger, but that might sound kinda 80's disco, I dunno!

Overall, awesome!

C4C - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1442294

Yeah, I've got an issue with the plugin for my drums and I can't edit any of the sounds so I'm stuck with what it gives me =/ The kick does my head in! haha

Thank you with your comments though, very helpful

This is tight man! Reminds me kinda of something tom morello might make as one of the other guys said. I think maybe the bass part could come out some more to beef up the bottom of the mix. As it is though, sounds good and actually grabbed my attention

Cheers! He's definitely played a big part in my song writing