I really can't find anything that can help me improve my guitar playing.

My current level: I can play Ride the lightning, Eruption, and Master of Puppets

Mainly I want songs that can help with my guitar playing.
Last edited by meteor685 at May 16, 2011,
All songs can help you with your guitar playing.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
branch out, try some vai, satch, racer x, malmsteen, those should push you. if that is not up your alley try some current bands that have decent (still better than me) guitar players, as i lay dying, btbam, mastodon, baroness,etc. I am sure that the pooled knowledge of people on here can give you a plethora of bands that will push your skill level. Either that or just try creating your own music and have fun with that. best of luck!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
have you learned the solos to those all those songs?

maybe learn some theory, or write your own songs.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.

maybe learn some theory, or write your own songs.[/QUOTE

ya i did learn the solos to those songs, and eruption is a solo, LOL quote fail
Last edited by meteor685 at May 11, 2011,
Quote by maximumrocker

maybe learn some theory, or write your own songs.

ya i did learn the solos,
Quote by bobafettacheese
branch out, try some vai, satch, racer x, malmsteen, those should push you. if that is not up your alley try some current bands that have decent (still better than me) guitar players, as i lay dying, btbam, mastodon, baroness,etc. I am sure that the pooled knowledge of people on here can give you a plethora of bands that will push your skill level. Either that or just try creating your own music and have fun with that. best of luck!

Sounds like a challenge =)
try learning songs in style you are not familiar with, maybe some funk or reggae
Why not jump over to the acoustic side of things for a while, then? Maybe some fingerpicking stuff like a lot of Opeth's acoustic guitars, or just some singer / songwriter -style strumming songs, which will make you learn a shitload of new chords and nice progressions.
Generally speaking, I've found that learning more chords has made me better at improvising / jamming, and also at writing. I recommend it!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by crohno
try learning songs in style you are not familiar with, maybe some funk or reggae

I love reggae, stuff I used to play the time before I began playing Metal Music, which i've only been into for a couple years
Quote by AlanHB
All songs can help you with your guitar playing.

^ this
shred is gaudy music