hi all,

im selling my schecter hellraiser c-1 fr white on a local auctionwebsite and im wondering what the lowes price is i should ask for it. the guitar is about 3 years old now but its been hardly touched and in pretty much perfect condition. theres a guy offering me 500 euro's atm but im finding this a little low seeing as its ~900-950 new around here. so if anyone has any experience selling or buying this guitar please share me your knowledge!
Guitars:
Fender stratocaster california series (usa)
Gibson Les Paul classic (1960)
Amps:
ENGL Fireball 60W - Framus FR 2x12 Celestion v30's
Pedals: POD x3 LIVE, BOSS OD-1
GAS: Pedals
where is "around here"?

500 euros seems fair to be honest but I'd push for 600.
I'm from the UK and I got mine in the US for $850 new which was only £450 at the time (major recession)

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
That would be local and online shops in holland / germany, i bought this guitar aswell when there was a huge recession but seeing as the guy emailed me 5 minutes after i put up the add i figured it would be a bit low. but i told him i had to think about it and see if other people react else id get in tough with him again.
Guitars:
Amps:
mn, wait it out then and raise it a little.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Second hand prices for guitars that aren't made in the US by Gibson, Fender or PRS tends to be the price of the guitar new, halved and then add like 5% and then another 5% if it's still in really great condition and within a year old. Japanese-made guitars by Ibanez and ESP are a little higher than that but not much. Your Schecter doens't fall into any of those more valuable price brackets and if it's 3 years old even with not much wear it's still going to not get the higher price that a mint/new one would.

So if your guitar costs, at the lowest price online, €900 new then your second hand price is about €450-€550. So €500 is a pretty good offer.

That said some models of guitar are rarer in some countries and that makes them worth a little more. You should check local second hand listings for similar guitars and see what they sell for, or search on eBay for the same guitar as yours in your country and you should get a good idea of what they sell for. Just remember that more than a year old means it loses a fair bit of value and Schecter guitars do not retain their value well, you're definitely looking at getting less than €600.

Okay I just did a search and Thomann which is a very big German and general Europe website sells that Schecter for €821, brand new. So your second hand price for a 3 year old one is probably going to be about €450, unless yours is actually some rare limited edition colour or something like that. For a normal Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR that's three years old €500 is a good offer.
Last edited by grohl1987 at May 11, 2011,
thanks for the elaborate post, helped out alot. and for some reason the white schecter i have is indeed priced higher then the same guitar in red or black o_O if i search thomann i get this: http://www.thomann.de/nl/schecter_diamond_c1_hellraiser_fr_wh.htm wich says they sell it for 1085. but the more i think about it the better the 500 euro sounds, maybe i can get him to go 50 higher that would be awesome. and as far as i know, and when i was looking for this specific guitar schecter is really quite rare in the netherlands.
Guitars:
Amps:
2/3's of the price it cost new now is the most fair pricing imo. I had a guy try to sell me a Dean Rust in Peace for $800 and he wouldn't budge so I told him to go find someone else who would fall for it.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals