I have a late 60's Ampeg V4-B 100 watt all tube bass head. I got an offer to trade even up for a Warwick Standard Corvette. Its the German made bolt on neck bubinga body version. Great condition and I am a Jazz bass guy sooooo.......? I think the head is worth $500-$600. My real question is, Is the bass worth that much resale value wise? Thanks in advance for input!!!!
I would say go for it. The Corvette Standard was discontinued and is a pretty hot item on the used market, so if you choose to sell it I'm sure you'll have no problem doing so
dudes all about it and is gonna drive an hour tomorrow to come do the trade. ill post a picture once its here. looks like ill be sellin a bass soon.....which one don't i need damn!!! its a pretty rough life!!! thanks guys!!!!!
Damn man. I've wanted a V4 for ages. I'd swap you my 'vette for it in a heartbeat if you were in Aus.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Damn man. I've wanted a V4 for ages. I'd swap you my 'vette for it in a heartbeat if you were in Aus.

Tell u what u send me that Lakland I'll pay to ship it to ya!!!! LOL
Quote by consecutive e

I've had a V4, and i've played a V4-b a bunch.... Find a Traynor YBA-3 Custom Special... it'll be cheaper and sound better BUT... the v4 and v4-b sound amazing and are probably my favorite tube amps after the Traynor.

I do LOVE the 100ish watt tube amps... Sunn 2000s, Fender Bassman, Orange 120, Fender PA120, Earth 2000... mmm.... so yeah, PERSONALLY, i'd never let a V4-b go for a Warwick.

Man... i know i said i preffer the 100ish watt tube heads, what i REALLY want, some day, is an Ampeg V9 (300watts... all t00b) with a matching V9 9x10 cab...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I forgot to mention that I already have an STV so the V4B never gets any love. The Warwick will probably be better than the Schecter im playin now so I'm tradin
Quote by stankepanck
I forgot to mention that I already have an STV so the V4B never gets any love. The Warwick will probably be better than the Schecter im playin now so I'm tradin

Fair enough.

I'd trade the SVT though and get a REALLY nice bass and keep the V4-b
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Din of Win
Fair enough.

I'd trade the SVT though and get a REALLY nice bass and keep the V4-b

The SVT makes even my crappy basses sound nice. Plus I like the headroom. Thanks guys the
guyu should be here in a couple hours with my new (to me) Wick!!!!! I'll be sure to post a picture. Thanks!
Well he called and said "can we do it next week" so no Warwick for me. Oh well still got me a V4B