What are some good places to promote and sell tickets? My band plays alternative/punk if that helps. And we cannot sell near the venue because it is Webster hall and that's too far to go to just sell tickets
Quote by Bag'ed
Hahaha, any paticular reason why the bassist needs to be female or are you just noncing?
You know, school girl and all that, 14-17?
Man, just get out your School of Rock DVD out and crack one off, don't go ruining young girls virtues!
Record stores? Guitar stores etc etc. Music related places and maybe some street walls if you are allowed.
Quote by *powerslave*
Promoting? There's this thing called Facebook, I hear it's quite good...

Oh Lordy, if I had a penny for everytime somebody posted something about a band on there, I'd have about 43 pennies.
Quote by *powerslave*
Promoting? There's this thing called Facebook, I hear it's quite good...

Tried facebook already

And tried the mall already
Quote by Bag'ed
Hahaha, any paticular reason why the bassist needs to be female or are you just noncing?
Man, just get out your School of Rock DVD out and crack one off, don't go ruining young girls virtues!
Promote it on line a lot. Like really a lot, go onto individual's profiles and write a comment, write on other local band's walls etc. Also, go to your nearest city centre and find where your target audience hang out and ask them to buy tickets etc.

Facebook.com/astoryforthepapers is the band
Quote by Bag'ed
the local snack bar or something. or at a gig venue after a nice band plays.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by unnamedplayer
the local snack bar or something. or at a gig venue after a nice band plays.

Did that at Quietdrive's show last Thursday, still need to get rid of more tickets though
Quote by Bag'ed
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Oh Lordy, if I had a penny for everytime somebody posted something about a band on there, I'd have about 43 pennies.

That is noncents...
In most guitar/music shops, they have these postit walls. Also, play crazy gigs. The word will spread and you'll be the sexiest guise in town.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17