I recently bought a double LP and the first LP works fine, but the second one sounds higher and faster than the other one. I have it on the right speed and all my other records spin correctly. It's an old record player from the 60's, but again all my other records work fine.

Help?
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
^

Which album is it? It could be that the other side just needs to be played slower?
put cotton in your ears to slow down the sound waves.it works for me
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Possibly a production error at the record factory. Check with the manufacturer or, if you bought it at a store, the store manager. It's not quite the same but I once bought a Hendrix CD and when I got it home and played it it was some type of country music, definitely not Hendrix. When I took it back to the store it turned out that a bunch of other people had the same issue.
The speed is on 33, which is correct. It must be warped like you said.. Any way to fix this? :/
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Well, there is one way, but it might be a stretch...

You see, at the dawn of the 21st century, a new form of media known as 'digital media' was made possible for mankind. Maybe if you could obtain a digitalized form of the audio you are attempting to listen to...
Quote by Eggmond
put cotton in your ears to slow down the sound waves.it works for me

wut
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Quote by CheezMeUp
wut

slow down the speed of the wave, you lower the frequency
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by SlayingDragons

You see, at the dawn of the 21st century, a new form of media known as 'digital media' was made possible for mankind. Maybe if you could obtain a digitalized form of the audio you are attempting to listen to...

0/10
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by SlayingDragons

Door, nao.
if it's not the speed are you sure you haven't knocked a pitch shifter or something?
For the record(pun intended) it's 33 and A THIRD. As in 33.33 RPM. If the turntable has a strobe adjuster on it, use it and dial it in so that it's rotating at the proper speed. If it's an old player, it might not have the adjustment, so is most likely not rotating at the correct RPM.
Vinyls lol. Stop listening to that old junk, it's outdated, it sounds shitty and it's impractical.
Quote by Horlicks
Vinyls lol. Stop listening to that old junk, it's outdated, it sounds shitty and it's impractical.

ololololol.

I'm guessing you listen to WAV files then?
Quote by Duffman123
ololololol.

I'm guessing you listen to WAV files then?

Yes, and CDs occasionally. Problem?
Quote by Eggmond
slow down the speed of the wave, you lower the frequency

Actually being serious??

If you slow down the wave, you decrease the wavelength proportionally.

Since v / lamda = f, there is no change in frequency.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Horlicks
Yes, and CDs occasionally. Problem?

Well you said the best sounding audio storage medium sounds shitty, so.........
Quote by Duffman123
Well you said the best sounding audio storage medium sounds shitty, so.........

Lol nah.

I think you're confusing WAV with MP3 too. WAV is uncompressed. and about 30mb per track.
Quote by Horlicks
Lol nah.

I think you're confusing WAV with MP3 too. WAV is uncompressed. and about 30mb per track.

I was talking about vinyl >_>

I do know wav is uncompressed.
Quote by Duffman123
I was talking about vinyl >_>

I do know wav is uncompressed.

"Vinyl = Best sounding storage medium"

Lol nah
Quote by Horlicks

Lol nah

It's the only medium which is continuous in both time and amplitude domains... how can you disagree? Assuming analogue recording of course, a digital recording on vinyl is for hipsters who don't know any better. Your CDs and WAVs are discrete in both domains.

EDIT: When I say "only medium" I'm excluding extreme legacies such as wax cylinder.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at May 12, 2011,
Quote by Horlicks

Lol nah

I meant one of the best >_>

>_>
Quote by EnyoAdonai
It's the only medium which is continuous in both time and amplitude domains... how can you disagree? Assuming analogue recording of course, a digital recording on vinyl is for hipsters who don't know any better. Your CDs and WAVs are discrete in both domains.

EDIT: When I say "only medium" I'm excluding extreme legacies such as wax cylinder.

Please. You're actually telling me you can hear a difference between analog and digital recordings?
Quote by Horlicks
Please. You're actually telling me you can hear a difference between analog and digital recordings?

I can't, but some audiophiles claim to. I'm only stating the fact that quantisation introduces distortion, which is undesirable in Hi-Fi systems.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
One thing that confuses me Horlicks is that if you know a lot about audio why would you say vinyl sounds shit?
Quote by EnyoAdonai
I can't, but some audiophiles claim to. I'm only stating the fact that quantisation introduces distortion, which is undesirable in Hi-Fi systems.

Everyone bar quite deaf people can hear a difference between vinyl and CD- they just don't know what to listen for. A/B a record with it's CD counterpart and give a good listen to the bass end of things, for an example. Even I, with one eardrum, can hear it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Everyone bar quite deaf people can hear a difference between vinyl and CD- they just don't know what to listen for. A/B a record with it's CD counterpart and give a good listen to the bass end of things, for an example. Even I, with one eardrum, can hear it.

Ok, will do. You raise a good point I've never A/B'd a record on vinyl and CD.

It's interesting you mention the difference in bass tones. If anything high frequencies should be lost in digital recordings to prevent aliasing. This isn't a problem with vinyl however. What difference do you hear on vinyl? Clearer, warmer, louder? I'm satisfied with mp3s, although interested by the science of sound. I play all music off my PC and its hardware wouldn't do a WAV or AIFF any justice.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warmer is the general consensus. I also find that, with a decent cartridge and tonearm assembly, the soundstage increases and becomes more in line.

Is the warmth because the top end being rolled off or something?
Last edited by Duffman123 at May 12, 2011,
Quote by Deliriumbassist

The difference is that Vinyl loses treble, not CD loses bass. When you hear a CD (on a good sound system), you're hearing exactly what the engineer/band intended. Wheras when you hear a vinyl, you're just hearing a compressed version, with less dynamic and frequency range.
Last edited by Horlicks at May 12, 2011,
Whoever said you should put cotton into your ears is an idiot. That's a terrible idea and won't even work

What TS needs to do is walk away from the record player as it's playing. That way, the sound waves take longer and longer to reach him so it sounds slower.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking