Page 1 of 2
Huh...so, they don't want the info leaked until Julian Assange says to leak it? Interesting.

Do they actually expect to be able to enforce this? I hope someone throws a wrench in their system and releases the info before the boss tells him to. Seriously.
You go to work for somebody then you have to live by their rules. If you don't like it don't work there. Assange's an asshole anyway.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Am I the only one that finds that a bit ironic in the best of ways?

I was thinking that. :')
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Irony
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at May 11, 2011,
"No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

- George Orwell, Animal Farm
Oh wikileaks, I do hope you serve to teach this generation that good ideas don't translate to good actions.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
It makes sense for Assange to take action to prevent leaks from becoming publicized until their veracity can be ascertained. It doesn't make sense for that action to be so astronomical. Clearly Wikileaks' only true motivation is money.
Quote by boreamor
It's hypocritical yes. But I feel that Assange is doing this so Wikileaks keeps its credibility. Otherwise small leaks would be considered rumours.

Hmm...

Wait a minute...

Quote by boreamor
It's hypocritical yes. But I feel that the government is doing this so the United States of America keeps its credibility. Otherwise small leaks would be considered rumours.

All of this is just hilarious. Swap whatever the hell you want in X and Y and voila! A higher moral ground to stand on! Simply marvelous.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by Namaste196
"No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

Great use of the quote. I couldn't have said it better than Orwell.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Zaphikh
Hmm...

Wait a minute...

All of this is just hilarious. Swap whatever the hell you want in X and Y and voila! A higher moral ground to stand on! Simply marvelous.

True. But Wikileaks are still doing their job, whereas the US do it for the wrong reasons.

I'm not saying Wikileaks are altruistic, they just happen to be more so than any government.
Quote by boreamor
True. But the US government are still doing their job, whereas Wikileaks does it for the wrong reasons.

I'm not saying the US government is altruistic, they just happen to be more so than Wikileaks.
This is fun.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
EDIT: ^ Damn you!!
Quote by boreamor
True. But Wikileaks are still doing their job, whereas the US do it for the wrong reasons.

Wait! Wait! Hold on a second...

Quote by boreamor
True. But the United States are still doing their job, whereas the Wikileaks do it for the wrong reasons.

I could just do this all day...
I'm not saying Wikileaks are altruistic, they just happen to be more so than any government.

Last edited by Zaphikh at May 11, 2011,
Quote by boreamor
Likewise to you. It must be nice living in a world where everything is evil.

Nah, I don't have much reason or time to believe in shadowy forces and great conspiracies. Conspiracy theorists want to see a malevolent design behind events. The notion that calamity might be the unintended consequence of subtler causes doesn't hold the same appeal. Evil, whatever its other uses, drives a great narrative. Complexity, not so much.
Quote by boreamor
Likewise to you. It must be nice living in a world where everything is evil.
I just don't understand how one group of people is bad for keeping secrets, but another is morally justified.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Namaste196

God damn it, Namaste. You beat me to it.
Oh no I do think it's "playing God" to withhold these secrets until a time that suits their agenda pops up. But they've released more information that the US has on events we deserve to know about.
EDIT: ^ Damn you!!

Wait! Wait! Hold on a second...

I could just do this all day...

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8950/youropinion.jpg
Yeah man! Anything that goes against the US govt is terrible. The government is always right and never wrong. This is true, the man on faux news said so.
Quote by element4433
I just don't understand how one group of people is bad for keeping secrets, but another is morally justified.

I think the claim is that they don't want to release false information (which is morally wrong). I don't really buy it either though.
Quote by boreamor
Oh no I do think it's "playing God" to withhold these secrets until a time that suits their agenda pops up. But they've released more information that the US has on events we deserve to know about.

Yeah, like records of ambassadors moaning. The world has been much improved.
Quote by boreamor
Oh no I do think it's "playing God" to withhold these secrets until a time that suits their agenda pops up.

Wait... what?
But they've released more information that the US has on events we deserve to know about.

And information to any enemy of the US that they deserve to know about. Shouldn't the enemies of Assange deserve unlimited access to his information? They deserve it don't they? This is gold... pure comedy out of any attempt to rationalize and justify this.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Yeah man! Anything that goes against the US govt is terrible. The government is always right and never wrong. This is true, the man on faux news said so.
I don't think anybody is saying that. He's just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

"You're bad for not releasing these documents..............NOBODY RELEASE THAT OR I'LL SUE YOU."

If you're going to be all "yay transparency" you better be ****ing transparent as **** to prove that it works. But by placing a gag on his company (or whatever), Assange is saying that 100% transparency doesn't work.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Zoot Allures
Yeah man! Anything that goes against the US govt is terrible.

Sometimes yes sometimes no.
The government is always right and never wrong.

What strange planet do you live on?
This is true, the man on faux news said so.

FOX News is synonymous to a bigoted Comedy Central. I have no idea where you're coming from.
Quote by Zaphikh
Sometimes yes sometimes no.

What strange planet do you live on?

FOX News is synonymous to a bigoted Comedy Central. I have no idea where you're coming from.

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by boreamor
Let's not turn this into a stupid, moral high ground argument. None of us truly can say that the US did it X for Y reason. (Therefore, it was bad/good.) Or that WikiLeaks did A for B reason. (Therefore, it was bad/good.) Don't make a judgement call on this kind stuff.

You cannot. None of us can. We don't have all the facts. Whether you dislike WikiLeaks or the US government is irrelevant. We don't need an argument about whether such an action was wrong or such an action was right.
Quote by Todd Hart

It's Zoot rhetoric. Zoot rhetoric needs to be countered with reality at all times whenever it crops up.
Quote by Zaphikh
It's Zoot rhetoric. Zoot rhetoric needs to be countered with reality at all times whenever it crops up.

Just use Jackal's immense burn on him from the Osama thread.
Quote by Zaphikh
Wait... what?

And information to any enemy of the US that they deserve to know about. Shouldn't the enemies of Assange deserve unlimited access to his information? They deserve it don't they? This is gold... pure comedy out of any attempt to rationalize and justify this.

Depends if the 'information' being withheld is being kept that way in order to prevent rumours being released rather than facts. I know the good thing about wikileaks is that not even the government dare to try to say 'its all bs' because it seems to be well sourced.

If this isn't the case and it's just a case of the pot calling the kettle black then they're shit.
Quote by Namaste196

My favourite line(s) in that whole book.

You could forge nails off the irony oozing from this
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Zaphikh

He's right. If you rise to that shit you've already lost!

If this is true then it seems like the natural thing to do. It better suits the intentions of wiki leaks if they don't have their employees spreading stuff before it's official and turning the entire organisation into a rumor mill. The penalty is high but i'd say it's more symbolic than an effort to extort money from their employees.
Page 1 of 2