what the hell am i forgetting? a CD but heres why we dont have one. (we are a tribute band so no point in spending all the time/money/effort on recording a demo of a bunch of songs that arent ours.. what we have is about 6 or 7 youtube videos that we recommend they watch instead to get an idea of how we sound.... the reason i dont put those onto a cd/dvd is because that honestly to me seems out-of-touch and not 'with it'... when i walk in and show them the video on my iphone they dont have to dig out a cd player and hope i burtn the right format and blah blah blah.. they are pretty impressed i can pull it off on my phone or a nearby cpu within seconds)

ANYHOW, what am i forgetting? here is what I have included:

-8x10 glossy (usually black and white) photo of the band (cant decide if i should go with a live shot or a boring one of 3 of us standing there) - our logo and website are photoshopped onto the picture, looks very good
-business card
-stickers
-setlist and group bio
-a photocopy of a front page article done on us from a local newspaper

everything has our logo and website on it.. looks as professional as i can make it... sorry no picutres.. any suggestions anyone?

EDIT: and we have tshirts, but i cant really afford to be giving them out with every promo back, so I usually just wear them when I go drop off the promo packs and talk to the manager... makes sense right?)
Last edited by legion69 at May 11, 2011,
....why would you give away a tshirt in press kit lol?

on topic, just google it. It seems good the way you have it. I also dont really know why you're giving away stickers to them, either. But other than that , I think its pretty good. Just make sure the bio is well written and the pic is well-taken.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
its not a press pack,
its a promotional pack.. those are two differnt hings...

like i originally posted, i DONT usually give tshirts away with promo packs...

stickers i do.... obviously why wouldnt i? anything with our logo on it that can fit goes into our promo pack.. thats just smart marketing and advertising.. they like too see that you are a marketable and a brand that can be sold...

hell i even get special folders/covers with our logos and website on them made up specially to really make our promo packs personalized... all about professionalism and marketing

besides, we can afford to give away tshirts and stickers anyhow
I don't mean to criticise, but, "look at these youtube videos of us" Sounds a little unprofessional - I think you'd benefit from having recordings, videos, whatever all on a CD, if only for appearance's sake
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
.... maybe you dont understand... we do have professional recordings, videos, ect and i can make proffesional cd/dvds of these things... i purposly dont do it because like i previously stated, the EXACT SAME, studiio-quality recordings and videos are on our website and youtube...

every time i have done up nice cds and taken them to bars, they can never listen to them RIGHT there and be able to make a decision RIGHT there.. they have to wait to get to a dvd/cd player (guess what no bars have cd players installed into their systems anymore.. why would they???)

instead, like i previously stated, i can pull all these things up INSTANTLY on an iphone or laptop or whatever i bring that day, and we usually get hired on the spot... and i dont necessarily say "checkout my youtube videos" like some n00b who did them in his basement on a webcam... these are professionaly filmed music videos we have DIRECTLY on our website..

cds are ancient relics of a format that is more of a hassle than a convenience... they just get thrown into a pile of other bands cd;s the bar manager will 'listen to later' plus they get scratched and if you dont burn them right then you have a compatability problem... it shows your very savvy when you can provide all that stuff instantly...... gotta get with the now...
Quote by legion69

every time i have done up nice cds and taken them to bars, they can never listen to them RIGHT there and be able to make a decision RIGHT there.. they have to wait to get to a dvd/cd player (guess what no bars have cd players installed into their systems anymore.. why would they???)

Computers have cd players in them, and most bars have cd players to provide background music for the bar.

If you hand them a cd, it takes one step out of finding your music. If you want them to make a decision RIGHT there, then you will have to have an awesome spiel to just break in to on the spot, and don't leave until you have an answer.

If they still want to hear the music first, you're back to square one. I guess you could bring along an Ipod with the tracks on, or a portable cd player/speaker dock for your Ipod tracks. That would be pretty tech savvy eh?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I still dont understand.... it sounds like you are giving this to like bar managers and ect. but you keep saying it is a "promo pack" and insisting that it's a good idea to have tshirts and stickers in there. What makes you think a bar manager-- who will potentially want to book you-- what makes you think he's gunna want a tshirt of yours? I could see I guess an exclusive pack to give to fans, but giving this to a manager doesnt seem like the most... i guess logical, thing to do.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.