Hey guys whatsup
So i'm finally revisiting avenged sevenfolds afterlife solo again after a couple years, but on the first part of it which looks like this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
---------5h6h8p6---5h6h8//15----------5h6h8p6---5h6h8//17-----------------|
------5-7--------7-----------------5-7--------7---------------------------|
-5-8--------------------------5-8-----------------------------------------|
But im having trouble with that quick little hammer pull thing on the B and G string. My problem is that instead of just being able to do the 5, 6, 8, 7, thing with ,my 1st second and 4th finger, my ring finger keeps getting in and screwing it up.
Any tips?
Thanks guys!
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Practice slow and find a comfortable way.

And that tab looks inaccurete to me, have you checked the highest rated gp file for this song?
Quote by Sickz
Practice slow and find a comfortable way.

And that tab looks inaccurete to me, have you checked the highest rated gp file for this song?

Alright that's what I was probably thinkin haha =)
Im pretty confident that ones accurate cause ive seen it in several tabs and videos plus it sounds dead on
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
That is the correct beginning of the solo. I've got the official tab from Guitar World, and seen Syn play it up close in concert. But yeah, practice slowly at first WITH A METRONOME and once you can play it cleanly slowly, start slowly cranking up the BPM
Quote by dash-rendar
That is the correct beginning of the solo. I've got the official tab from Guitar World, and seen Syn play it up close in concert. But yeah, practice slowly at first WITH A METRONOME and once you can play it cleanly slowly, start slowly cranking up the BPM

haha i thought so, i just saw em monday and they blew my mind lol, but i was on the wrong side of syn =/ alright ill work with the metronome
Rock on or die

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
you should use all of your fingers not just your index, middle and pinky fingers.
Also i think the tab is wrong :P I believe it's

-----------------------------------------
-----------------5-6-8-6---5-6-8-15--
---------5-7-5------------7-------------
---------i--r--i--i-m-p-m-r-i-m-p-slide
--5--8----------------------------------
--i---p-----------------------------------
i= Index finger m= middle finger r= Ring finger p= pinky finger
You could try picking all the notes on the B string, IMO it would make it easier. This is because your 2nd and 3rd finger share a tendon so it would be harder to hammer on and pull off as you keep your fingers under more tension, so it's harder to get that 7 on the G string simply becasue of finger independence.
When picking the notes, your fingers should be under a lot less tension and so it would make it easier I think.