Hi,

I was just hoping to get some help regarding changing strings. I am soon going to be getting a new guitar, the Ibanez ART320. I've read numerous reviews, all of which have been positive, and they all state that changing strings is easy.

My question is: as I will be ordering online, the guitar will come with standard strings. I play in a lot of drop tuning, so will want to change to thicker strings and will have my guitar mainly in Drop C/B. Will doing so affect my guitar in a negative way? E.g. the neck bends, etc...

Thanks for any help.
As long as you keep the guitar in that tuning, and not all over the place (From Drop A to E standard back to drop C etc...with the same strings on it), and have the truss rod adjusted correctly, there will be no problems.
Good Axe Choice. I have the older version(ART300) Very Reliable guitar. Stays in tune! You may want to upgrade the pickups in the future which I am saving up for myself. OT - Listen to the guys who know about funky tunings. Congrats on your purchase and make sure you inspect it for defects before doing anything to it.(that way you can exchange/return it)
There shouldn't be too much work to do, you're compensating for the lower tuning with heavier strings, when you're done and tuned up just have a quick check over and make sure the action is to your liking, intonation is set right and its in a comfortable set up for you.

I find it quite rare to need do any kind of truss rod adjustment
yeah, as above mentioned, all you may need to fix is intonation, and thats about it.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I have the art300 also. The stock strings are surprisingly good. Just a hint to save $5, you don't need to change them immediately. They sound and feel almOst like ddarios and they have no problems with alternate tunings

Remember to post a pic
Quote by JKHC
I have the art300 also. The stock strings are surprisingly good. Just a hint to save $5, you don't need to change them immediately. They sound and feel almOst like ddarios and they have no problems with alternate tunings

Remember to post a pic

So you think I'll be alright keeping the stock strings if I'm going down to Drop C?

And I will do
Quote by JKHC

Remember to post a pic

They are D´addario´s
Quote by sstony
They are D´addario´s

That explains why I loved them. If they are D'addarios then you are fine drop tuning. They are probably extra light because I use mediums and had to set it up.