Order, order!
The first point of order about the coalition's durability.

I think this coalition lasting a year is a flipping miracle.

Were you sceptical about how long it would last?
I was

Reasons you like/dislike the coalition government?

Do you think another party would be better in power?

Do you think the government should be just Tories or just Libdems?

Discuss, pit heads.

EDIT: No flaming!!!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at May 11, 2011,
Coalition? It's just the tories deciding stuff and the lib dems rolling over.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Well, I'm not surprised it lasted.

Not annoyed it has, either, as if it collapsed, we'd be looking at full-on Tory, and Jesus would that be awful. Then again, it'd mean Cameron would lose his human shield.

Whatever. Fuck those guys.
Quote by Kensai

NO, Clegg has been adamant about this.

He has NOT been a tory lapdog. If only we'd look at the policies we'd see the Lib Dem's impact and conclude that they've been a pivotal force in ensuring the country's recovery.

It must be true, Dave told him.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Kensai

Not quite as true as it appears. remember the Lib Dems are very much junior partners in this coalition (307 seats vs 57 => libdems are only 15% of the government) and have actually swung quite some quite big results when that is considered. They are unfortunately awful at publicising them while the Tory press is very cleverly using the LD's a a human shield.

Ask anyone 2 years ago "who wants to increase student fees?" answer: "the tories"
Ask anyone now "Who increased student fees?" answer "the ****ing lib dems"
- No they didn't they stopped unlimited fees and raised the repayment threshold to make repayments more affordable in your first years out of uni when you have **** all money! Unless you earn >60k as a final salary you'll acutally pay LESS under the new system as the threshold has been raised massively...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Tories and Lib Dems are a coalition in the same way me and a pencil are in coalition. I need the pencil in order to write, but we both know who's in charge.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Also - expect a lib dem exit strategy in the next 6 months - i.e. them throwing their weight around a bit, refusing to support a couple of bills before finally saying "no we can't possibly accept these NHS reforms!" and leaving in righteous anger.

Hopefully they'll mismanage this press campaign less...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
Not quite as true as it appears. remember the Lib Dems are very much junior partners in this coalition (307 seats vs 57 => libdems are only 15% of the government) and have actually swung quite some quite big results when that is considered. They are unfortunately awful at publicising them while the Tory press is very cleverly using the LD's a a human shield.

Ask anyone 2 years ago "who wants to increase student fees?" answer: "the tories"
Ask anyone now "Who increased student fees?" answer "the ****ing lib dems"
- No they didn't they stopped unlimited fees and raised the repayment threshold to make repayments more affordable in your first years out of uni when you have **** all money! Unless you earn >60k as a final salary you'll acutally pay LESS under the new system as the threshold has been raised massively...

OR they vote against the policy as they personally pledged they would (it was not a party pledge or conditional upon them getting into power).

it passed by 21 votes, there were 27 Lib Dems who voted yes.

Lib Dems are going to be Tory scapegoats for much of what's happened, but that doesn't absolve them of their part in the mess.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by doive
Also - expect a lib dem exit strategy in the next 6 months - i.e. them throwing their weight around a bit, refusing to support a couple of bills before finally saying "no we can't possibly accept these NHS reforms!" and leaving in righteous anger.

Hopefully they'll mismanage this press campaign less...

Doubt it, they'd be massacred in any general election, especially if Dave can spin it to make them out to be the ones who caused a collapse in the British government, sowing chaos that we desperately need the strong hand of Conservatism to sort out!
More of the Lib Dem manifesto promises made it into the coalition agreement than Conservative ones. Everyone focuses on the negative aspects of things the Tories have pushed through and that's fair enough but the Lib Dems have had a lot more say than people realise.
Quote by gabcd86
Doubt it, they'd be massacred in any general election, especially if Dave can spin it to make them out to be the ones who caused a collapse in the British government, sowing chaos that we desperately need the strong hand of Conservatism to sort out!

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.