Hi,

My AC4TV has stopped producing sound. The power light is on. There is a slight mains hum. The tubes are glowing and I've tried a couple of different cables. Help

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
take a look at the pcb, look for any burn marks on resistors and caps.
OT may have blown.
Hi i've also encountered this issue.

2 days playing then this;

recently purchased an as new Vox AC4TV. all was well for a couple days then i decided to daisy chain some pedals into it to mess around with the sound.

In doing so the amp just cut out on me. it switches on, the tubes glow and i'm at a loss as to what it could be?

i made i rookie mistake of plugging the pedals in backwards (amp side to guitar and vice versa) could this cause an issue?

any idea what's going on?

the amp still hums but i just can't get any output.

fuses seem ok as it turns on.

Is it possible i've fried my cables in some way? Someone suggested this as a solution to me.

circuit board issue?

any help would be grateful, thanks

Jack

ETA: was ebay purchase so not sure on the warranty side of things
For future reference you should just make a new thread, this one is from 2011.

My suggestion is an internal fuse has blown. If you are not comfortable working around LETHAL voltages, take it to a tech.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jul 28, 2016,
did you buy it new from a business seller on ebay or was it used?

either way you probably should have some comeback (I hope) but if it were new from a business dealer/shop you definitely should. you should contact ebay to see what they say.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
don't necro.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/