What are some sites i can visit to help me out? I've decided to build my own guitar amp cab because i hear its easy and alot cheaper than buying a brand name cab.

I wouldnt mind if you all gave some recommendations, like preferred speakers and what not. I'd build a 2x12 cab because thats all i would EVER need.

I would also like it if you all could give me some sites to visit to help with the whole "input" jacks...im decent with wires and what not, but i have no clue how to get the signal to the actual speaker....you know, how do wire the input area (where you plug the amp head into, the whole "OHMS" area) to the speakers....because im completely lost on that.

Thanks for any help you can give. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: By the way, i forgot to mention it, because i know certain speakers have their own voice and tone...but my genres of preferance are

Blues-like SRV and Eric Clapton
Classic Rock- like The Eagles, Led Zeppelin
Metal- Like Metallica

I also ADORE Carlos Santana and Randy Rhoades...so anything close to those tones would be great (Im guessing Celestion V30, but idk)
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Last edited by VintageAmigo at May 11, 2011,
I don't have any links or somethingsomething but I can tell you that building an open back cab is way easier than building a closed back. An open back is just a box with some speakers but when you're building a closed back you have the take lots of dimensions and thingys into account.
Alright, i'll certainly take that into account. What exactly are the differences between open and closed (does it make much of a tone difference)?
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Well, i play a mixture...CAN a open back get a chuggachugga sound? Because even though i DO play quite a bit of blues...i do enjoy playing classic rock and the borderline of metal (Master of Puppets is pretty much as far as i get when it comes to metal)

EDIT: I recently bought a Mesa Transatlantic TA-15 (AMAZING AMP...my brother actually gave it to me) ...but i havnt been able to play it since i dont have a cab....hence me posting this thread...

Reason i mention the TA-15 is because its a really versatile amp...and i'd want a cab that could be just as versatile as it...for under 200-350$
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Quote by Sputnik1
Check out this thread in GB&C

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141936

Should be able to answer any of your questions there.

I recommended the same thread to a fella yesterday and he called me an idiot!!...some people

My summer project is to build a 2x12 so let us all know how you get on!!
good luck
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Wow....im just reading some of this stuff....theres ALOT of factors that go into making a guitar cabinet....like Modes and waves and specific dimensions...etc...
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Quote by gerrywm
I recommended the same thread to a fella yesterday and he called me an idiot!!...some people

My summer project is to build a 2x12 so let us all know how you get on!!
good luck

Lol, no...thank you for recommending it to me! Just from the first page of post, i've learned a ton...and trust me, when i build this cab i'll make a thread telling how i made it or something like that...just to see if you all think its a good cab or not

EDIT: Lol, what a coincedence, my summer project is the same exact thing

EDIT: So...in order for me to not get confused or flat out frustrated...do i need to ignore the science part of making a cab and just focus on dimensions, speakers, and stuff of that sort...OR take into account the very technical, scientific aspects that would probably confuse me...
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-