for rock music like cage the elephant, kings of leon, foo fighters, the black keys, older stuff like the who, cream etc
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Hmm, depends on how aggressive you want your tone to be really.

Are you gigging?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
both are going to be great for that. but they have different styles of tones. you should probably play both
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
This one could go either way, really.

Isn't the Rocker30 like three times the price of the Vox though?
Foo Fighters and Kings of Leon actually use the AC30 which is kinda like an AC15. Black Keys and the Who is Hiwatt, Cream is Marshall and dunno about Cage the Elephant.

I'd go for the Vox, more ideally the AC30.
I prefer the Rocker, but try them both, they are very different amps.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by WtrPlyr
Foo Fighters and Kings of Leon actually use the AC30 which is kinda like an AC15. Black Keys and the Who is Hiwatt, Cream is Marshall and dunno about Cage the Elephant.

Cage the Elephant use Orange. (Well, one of them does. I think the other one plays Fender.)

It's really preference. You'll need a drive pedal for sure if you go with the Vox; the Orange, not so. I find the Vox likes to ring more than the Orange does; the Orange's tone is sludgier (not ideal for the tighter Foo Fighters sounds you'd get with the overdriven AC15).
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
the foos do not use an AC30 for dirt

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
the foos do not use an AC30 for dirt

yeh i was under the impression they were using dual recs or something of the like. there is no way an ac30 can create foo fighters dirt tones without a pedal.

also to me all of the new production vox's especially the AC30's leave something to be desired. i'm going on an australian price here though and to me the vox's are ridiculously overpriced.