so yea my cheap jasmine s33's bridge is pulling the part of the body right behind it up causing a lump on the guitar and i know its not good how longer till it breaks?
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
No not good. How old is guitar, mybe there is a warrantee issue. If its cheap probably not worth getting fixed at shop. Maybe you could take of old bridge and epozy new one on. Mybe its good time to buy a quality guitar you carnt have to many. Cheers
could be you're using too heavy a gauge of strings on the guitar or that the humidity where the guitar is kept is too high - or a combination of both.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
This is called 'bellying' & is a relatively easy fix but probably not worth it on a $300. Mind you I designed my own "Bridge Doctor" type of bellying brace & did it for like $10. If you do it yourself it is well worth doing.

Here is my setup

I have step by step pics of an Alverez I did. If you are interested.

http://dixguitars.blogspot.com/search/label/Repairs
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Last edited by Dix_Fix at May 13, 2011,
Same thing happened to an el cheapo Johnson I have. I just changed the strings from 12's to 10's and now I happily use it outside, at the beach, in the shower (lol j/k) and don't worry about it. When it finally fully pulls off I will probably hang it on a wall for decoration!
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
I think that it is more about the way the action is affected by bellying than the problem of if it plays. Bellying raises the height of the bridge relative to the fretboard , hence the action goes out to shit. This usually makes it hard to finger anything "up the neck" .
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
If your action is too high that can cause bellying. On a Jasmine I would just live with it as it should sound fine. Repair is more than the cost of the guitar.
This is evidence that the guitar was built with bracing that was too light OR a top that was too thin. Every pre war Martin I've ever seen had this belly up problem because they used to overscallp the bracing. Unfortunately what made the guitar sound so good was also the key factor in causing maintenance problems.

The problem has nothing to do with the bridge of the guitar so don't worry about changing the bridge.

There isn't much you can do. There is an internal truss rod system that you can put in like the one dix sketched out. If you don't want to make your own then there is a company that makes them but I can't remember what they are called. I do know breadlove uses them in their guitars so a quick search of the breadlove site and you are bound to find info on it. Other than that just use lighter strings or downtune a half step.
Not taking any online orders.
hopefully it will be an excuse to buy a new one (rustic seagull)
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Quote by fmonzo27
hopefully it will be an excuse to buy a new one (rustic seagull)

Sounds like a plan, haha.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
This bulking happened to an old laminated top Hohner I have, only the top has also come apart from the X-bracing inside, so I lost a lot of volume too. So I wonder if it also depends on careless gluing of the braces... or high humidity dissolves the glue. Though I can see how the braces in Dix's Alvarez remained intact the whole time, despite of the bellying. Great job on the fix, Dix!