I was just playing for about 10 min and all of a sudden the my back started to get this weird prickly sensation. It feels like theres needles being stuck into me all over my back. It is similar to the feeling of a foot or something falling asleep but a little more stinging and painful. This is the first time I've played in probably 2 or 3 months. I can still feel it now as I type this. It kinda keeps disappearing then coming back off and on. Has anybody experienced this? I can't think of any explanation for it.

EDIT: Seems to be gone now after sitting still for a few minutes.
A cactus is growing in your back.
Take care of it, as you may need to rely on it when you grow old.

Could've just pulled a nerve or something.. you have to take it slow when getting back into something that requires flailing limbs.
Quote by toshiro umezewa
is it kind of a burning sensation?

Ya I guess you could call it that. Like I said it feels like when your foot falls asleep, but the pricks are more painful and stinging. I've taken a break for about 20 min and I'm going to go play now. I'll let you know if I get it again. A pulled nerve sounds like a pretty good explanation.
I'm going to guess that your posture is all wrong, you may be hunching over the drums to reach them rather than keeping your back straight and having the drums in an easy-to-reach area. Try setting up your drums in a different fashion and focus on sitting straighter.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
If you've pulled a nerve, then get to the Doctors. You don't want to mess around with your back - Its kind of important

Whats your posture like? Straight back or curved?
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
If you've pulled a nerve, then get to the Doctors. You don't want to mess around with your back - Its kind of important

Whats your posture like? Straight back or curved?

Its pretty straight. I'm actually posting a cover on youtube I recorded earlier and I'll put it on here once its up. I actually just started playing drums so a lot of stuff I do is wrong.

And when I went back out to play it felt fine for about 5 min then came back again. But it wasn't as bad this time so I just worked through it because I wanted to record a cover. It actually only hurts when I'm not playing but when I am playing I can't feel it.
Last edited by guitarocker100 at May 11, 2011,
Do you ever notice yourself tensing up at all? I used to have this problem and it wound up being that my back muscles got all tense when I was playing something at or near the edge of my skills. After I started putting in a conscious effort to be more relaxed, it went away.
Quote by Speedingfish
Do you ever notice yourself tensing up at all? I used to have this problem and it wound up being that my back muscles got all tense when I was playing something at or near the edge of my skills. After I started putting in a conscious effort to be more relaxed, it went away.

I feel pretty relaxed. But I'll have to check next time I play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cdJeEkwgco
Heres a video of me playing. You can look at my posture. Keep in mind I've only been playing off and on for a few months, so I'm basically a beginner.
Nice cover.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Silent Murder
Could've just pulled a nerve or something.. you have to take it slow when getting back into something that requires flailing limbs.

But would pulling a nerve affect my entire back? Because I felt it all throughout my back and the back of my neck.