Okay so i have a Jackson Warrior XT with a floyd rose. and im trying to tune down to DGCFAD. and my FR is turning back like the arm points up. and i need it for a gig tomorrow, please help! what do i do is what i should add btw.
Tighten the screws in the underside until the floating bridge is level with the guitar body.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Loosen the screws. The strings now have less tension causing the springs to pull the bridge back more. Loosen the screws and keep retuning the strings every couple turns until the bridge is parallel with the body.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by adj209
Tighten the screws in the underside until the floating bridge is level with the guitar body.

Okay thanks, can i do this while its in the DGCFAD tuning?
oh god i had to do it on my friends guitar once, it's on the springs u gotta make it a bit lighters... and when u r gonna put it bad you gonna have to put it harder... i done and it worked fine just count always how much times u turn the spanner so u can put it to it's place... it might take a while man and i really do not advice u to do it unless you really need it, you might end up with the guitar not tuned....

that might work too not sure will try it someday.... try it if it doesn't well man ur scrwd
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
You have to alternately tune it to your desired tuning, then tighten or loosen the screws to get the bridge to lay flat, then do this over and over until you are in the tuning and the bridge is level. Afterwards, you lock the nut and you're good.

However, this is the sort of thing you should learn WHEN you get a guitar with a Floyd, not the night of a huge gig.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by adj209

Quote by gutu
oh god i had to do it on my friends guitar once, it's on the springs u gotta make it a bit lighters... and when u r gonna put it bad you gonna have to put it harder... i done and it worked fine just count always how much times u turn the spanner so u can put it to it's place... it might take a while man and i really do not advice u to do it unless you really need it, you might end up with the guitar not tuned....

that might work too not sure will try it someday.... try it if it doesn't well man ur scrwd

Do NOT listen to these n00bs. The springs are there to balance the tension with the strings. If you are tuning down, the strings have less tension so the bridge falls back in the body. Loosen the springs and keep retuning the strings as you are doing so until the bridge is parallel with the body.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at May 11, 2011,
Loosen the screws. The strings now have less tension causing the springs to pull the bridge back more. Loosen the screws and keep retuning the strings every couple turns until the bridge is parallel with the body.

exactly but it takes a bit of time if u never did it...

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
Listen to GibsonMan, it'll work wonders.

... Not 'cause he's a genius or anything, just 'cause he's right
thanks guys ive never owned a floyd rose and ive played for 6 years, and this is my first FR system, and just to make sure everyone follows, when i down tune the bridge falls back into the guitar like the end closest to the fine tuners, they fall back and the front end closest to the pick up is pointing up
Quote by warriorXT96
thanks guys ive never owned a floyd rose and ive played for 6 years, and this is my first FR system, and just to make sure everyone follows, when i down tune the bridge falls back into the guitar like the end closest to the fine tuners, they fall back and the front end closest to the pick up is pointing up

That makes zero sense.

Get one of your buddies to do this for you. That's my recommendation.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
That makes zero sense.

Get one of your buddies to do this for you. That's my recommendation.

I think it made sense, and noone knows how to do stuff like that around here, so I guess ill have the shop work on it, Ive just always bought standard bridge guitars.
Don't worry man, it does make sense

Just open up the trem cavity at the back, and loosen the screws that the springs are attatched to until the bridge is level again.
Then retune, and repeat the process.
It really is a simple enough job and won't take long at all
Do NOT listen to these n00bs. The springs are there to balance the tension with the strings. If you are tuning down, the strings have less tension so the bridge falls back in the body. Loosen the springs and keep retuning the strings as you are doing so until the bridge is parallel with the body

what the hell did i say? -.-

Make it lighter: loose the springs = make it lighter -.-"""""

Don't worry man, it does make sense

Just open up the trem cavity at the back, and loosen the screws that the springs are attatched to until the bridge is level again.
Then retune, and repeat the process.
It really is a simple enough job and won't take long at al

that's what i meant sorry if some1 got me wrong not very good with english.

Last edited by gutu at May 11, 2011,
okay cause i plan to leave this guitar in dgcfad and cgcfad nothing lower hardly, but another question, would this affect how my tremolo will work? like how much pressure has to be used to make it work?