Is there any way I can import MIDI files of drum tracks produced by Guitar Pro into Reaper, and have them play? I'm trying to at the minute, but I can't get it to work. I'm putting the MIDI file into a track, with a VST with drum samples, but that isn't working.

Can anybody offer me any advice to get to work? Thank-you.
what i do with GP6 and garageband is copy the drum track and make it its own song then export the midi file, and drag it into reaper. i did a cover of big long now and the only think i didnt make was the drum track and i took it from gp6. drums sounded great!
That's essentially what I'm doing, but it isn't working. No idea what I'm doing wrong =/
Can you quickly tell step-by-step what you doing? when you export MIDI track and try to open it in Windows explorer, does it sound like a piano track? If yes, then midi data is saved and good to go. Then its a problem with Reaper, however i never had a problem with it.
You have to make sure everything is set to midi Channel 1.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
When i export guitar pro drum tracks to MIDI it always goes to channel 10. Make sure the MIDI channel matches the samples channel
Quote by SuperSlonik
Can you quickly tell step-by-step what you doing? when you export MIDI track and try to open it in Windows explorer, does it sound like a piano track? If yes, then midi data is saved and good to go. Then its a problem with Reaper, however i never had a problem with it.

I'm taking my drum track (just the drum track) in Guitar Pro, and exporting it as a MIDI. I'm then going into Reaper, creating a new track, clicking the fx button, and selecting my VSTi. I'm then going up to insert, and selecting Media File, and selecting the MIDI I just exported from Guitar Pro. The MIDI will open in the track, and everything will be visiblee, but there will be no audio.
When I open the MIDI file in windows explorer, it sounds like a drum track. Should I try exporting it from Guitar Pro as a different instrument?
Quote by robhc
I'm taking my drum track (just the drum track) in Guitar Pro, and exporting it as a MIDI. I'm then going into Reaper, creating a new track, clicking the fx button, and selecting my VSTi. I'm then going up to insert, and selecting Media File, and selecting the MIDI I just exported from Guitar Pro. The MIDI will open in the track, and everything will be visiblee, but there will be no audio.
When I open the MIDI file in windows explorer, it sounds like a drum track. Should I try exporting it from Guitar Pro as a different instrument?

go to the piano roll view of the MIDI. right click and select all notes and then set the channel to the same channel your samples are set to
Quote by J Mud
go to the piano roll view of the MIDI. right click and select all notes and then set the channel to the same channel your samples are set to

Thank did it, thank you very much

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb. Only just starting to get into all of this and I haven't quite figure it all out yet.