Hey guys!

So, today my dad got me some Dunlop Original Straploks (I originally wanted Schaller strap locks, but they didn't have them at the store so he just "decided" he'd buy the Dunlops and he's been trying to convince me to keep them cause he's just way too lazy to return them...) Anyways... I didn't really want to drill a bigger hole into my guitar, so I used the stock strap button screws. I screwed them in and they seem tight but I'm afraid that they'll eventually fail...

So.. Will they eventually fail?

Thanks!
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Sanpera II funds: $206

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
Dunlops are fine.

I prefer Schaller, since the guitar isn't just resting on the locking part of the straplock, but they're sturdy enough.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Yes they will fail.

In about 180 years when the wood around the screws will decompose. Stay put, my friend. As for the straplock mechanism, some ppl say they get stuck in the open position, but i think if you lube it from time to time you won't have any problems.
why couldn't you return them yourself?
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
Quote by DethbyChocolate
Clerks*

You can edit your posts for a reason, grasshopper.

OT: Yeah they're safe. I bought some for my buddy as a birthday present and he loves 'em. Not as user-friendly as Schallers but they still do a fine job.
If the screw fits it fits.

If it's a bit loose just slice up some matchstick slivers, dip them in PVA glue and slide them into the hole and gently screw in the screw and remove it. The next day after the glue has dried screw the screw back in.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Why would they fail? I've been using Dunlop Strap Locks for almost 2 years now... no issues. If the screw does start getting loose, put a toothpick in there. Maybe some wood glue for good measure. You'll be set for years.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Avoid Grover - I had a set on my LP Custom that have simply fallen to pieces. Lost the spring and ball-end, nearly dropped the guitar, and could I find a receipt....? I would have been better off using Blu Tac.
I used Dunlop on a Tele I had years ago and had no problems.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I use the Dunlops on all my guitars and ive never had a problem with them so you should be fine.

And a screw is a screw.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals