Page 1 of 3
So I was talking with a friend, who has defriended another friend on facebook because
Quote by Butthurt friend
Moreover, he was commenting on my statuses with the sole intent of being insulting. I was going to settle for just deleting the posts, but he decidd to screencap the status.

Personally, I think it's kinda silly, and sent him this to get on his nerves.

But anyway, sitting here a few moments later, waiting for this thingy I'm downloading, I thought, "I'll go ask the pit if they've been defriended, and how stupid their story is!" So yeah.

I've been defriended once, I believe. Some guy and I have openly despised each other for several years, and after losing an argument (something about him being an ass to one of my friends, I forget now.) he defriended me. Yet another incident for the butthurt report form. Most defriendings are, I think.

So go ahead Pit. Entertain me with your stories of facebook stupidity. I've nothing better to do right now.
Probably. I don't really care to be honest. I have far too many people on my friend list that I barely know.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Yeah, actually happens all the time. My friends go up and down almost daily. But it's all good there's a couple people on there I'd probably delete too
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I assume so, I've only ever defriended one person though. Every single status 'ironically' used leet speak, they were about the most stupid shit ever, and the person's face in their dp annoyed me.

i was having a discussion with a friend about some shit, and i pointed out some flaws in his reasoning. he started throwing insults around, but i kept my cool (kind of in that way when it kinda pisses someone off?) and he defriended me. i wasn't angry at him or anything, but i was surprised that he was.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Only by people I didn't know very well or at all.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I don't really know or care. Chances are, you've defriended me because we aren't really friends and don't really care about each other and I'd never even notice. I periodically trim my list for this reason. And I sure as hell ain't gonna keep someone on there who I actually do hate.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at May 11, 2011,
Probably, I enjoy annoying the hell out of people I dislike
I've defriended loads of people before though, had a clear up of my friends list for the first time ever, managed to get it down from 600 arseholes to about 250 people I actually talk to.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by boreamor
Butthurt? Why would you 'friend' someone on facebook who isn't your 'friend'?

I've stopped checking who it is I say confirm to, I just click confirm. Every time I click ignore, I get an angry message. I don't like 15-year-olds.
Yes. A guy I work with told me he removed all but 25 of his friends, including myself.

I'm not sure why he even told me this, but I didn't care. At all.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't really know or care. Chances are, you've defriended me because we aren't really friends and don't really care about each other and I'd never even notice. I periodically trim my list for this reason. And I sure as hell ain't gonna keep someone on there who I actually do hate.

This exactly.
Check out my band Disturbed
...Facebook?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
About 5 times. Mainly because of short-tempered people or people I didn't like much in the first place.
I know for a fact that I have, I just learned to deal with the idea that not everyone is going to be my bff.
I once defriended a guy because he was always trolling my statuses. I'd talk about something in politics I didn't like. He'd come in and be all, "No you're wrong...(insert long, unsupported rant here)." I'd usually call him on his stuff. Instead of the dude being mature about it and us agreeing to disagree, he kept it up. Eventually, I just defriended him.
Nope, even if i don't realy talk to the person i just have them on there lol
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Oh god yes, lots of times, not for anything specific as far as I know, just because we fall out of touch with each other and you get this awkward bit where you see someone on your friendlist and go..."Who the fuck is that?"

It gets better, I go on facebook culls too. I put on a hunting cap and hunting jacket, and then comb through my friends list deleting inactives or annoying friends while cackling all the while.

And if they are butthurt and ask me why I took them off my friends list, I tell them to their face.
Quote by LordBishek
Oh god yes, lots of times, not for anything specific as far as I know, just because we fall out of touch with each other and you get this awkward bit where you see someone on your friendlist and go..."Who the fuck is that?"

It gets better, I go on facebook culls too. I put on a hunting cap and hunting jacket, and then comb through my friends list deleting inactives or annoying friends while cackling all the while.

And if they are butthurt and ask me why I took them off my friends list, I tell them to their face.

*frantically checks my facebook*

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by cornmancer
I've stopped checking who it is I say confirm to, I just click confirm. Every time I click ignore, I get an angry message. I don't like 15-year-olds.
Try clicking ignore AND then going to their profile & blocking them.
Facebook means zero and has zero actual meaning as to whether or not you're actually friends with someone. 90% of the people I had on my page when I had facebook never actually said shit to me, and I got sick of hearing about how they ate a brownie or had a run by the forest then made a turkey sandwich. I just didn't see the point in posting a bunch of crap about myself that nobody really wants to hear. How narcissistic are we, that we as a society value this type of thing so highly?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Good lord, defriend? Facebook? Why does that even ****ing matter? I swear people take things on the internet too far into reality. I don't give a shit if anyone deletes me as a friend, I delete people all the time. It's just Facebook. It's pathetic if you care about it.
No, but my aunt goes on defriending frenzies a lot. She's a big would-be political activist. Considers herself a "radical progressive". 90% of her Facebook updates are just ranting about political news articles One time, she went through her list and deleted anyone who was a fan of Glen Beck, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh etc... I dunno, she just seems to take it too far.
Quote by strat0blaster
Facebook means zero and has zero actual meaning as to whether or not you're actually friends with someone. 90% of the people I had on my page when I had facebook never actually said shit to me, and I got sick of hearing about how they ate a brownie or had a run by the forest then made a turkey sandwich. I just didn't see the point in posting a bunch of crap about myself that nobody really wants to hear. How narcissistic are we, that we as a society value this type of thing so highly?

Well, I think of it as kind of a journal type thing. I don't really care if nobody else cares, but one day I might want to go back and read it to reminisce. But granted, I don't usually post about what I'm eating or what I'm watching on TV.
Quote by CaptDin
Well, I think of it as kind of a journal type thing. I don't really care if nobody else cares, but one day I might want to go back and read it to reminisce. But granted, I don't usually post about what I'm eating or what I'm watching on TV.

I can see the value in something like that, but most of the people just wave their mundane personal business around like it's a flag for the winning side of a war

How many times can I see a picture of your kid doing some stupid activity that every three year old does every day? Or look at your wedding pictures? Or hear about what you had for lunch and OMG did you see what SHE wore yesterday? I get it - you're proud of your (insert noun here), can we move on now?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at May 11, 2011,
I've never been defriended, but I've defriended other people. Only others that I don't know well enough for them to see what I post and comment. I've always thought the concept of making a friend with someone you've never met and probably won't through Facebook is cool, though.
Quote by Sief9
Good lord, defriend? Facebook? Why does that even ****ing matter? I swear people take things on the internet too far into reality. I don't give a shit if anyone deletes me as a friend, I delete people all the time. It's just Facebook. It's pathetic if you care about it.

My band and the venues we're playing at all organise gigs on facebook / speak with other bands to do the gigs, i guess that's taking things too far into reality because it's conveinient?. The internet is part of 'reality' you know, what i'm typing now is not something dreamed up in your imagination.
I probably have, to be honest I only speak to about 20 of them regularly(at least once a week), the rest are people I know from before.

I do reject a lot of people though. One of my sister's friends (an ugly ass liberal feminist) has friend requested me about 3-4 times now in the last 3 months and I just continue to block her.

I guess she doesn't understand that no means no
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by vicarious46
Yeah, actually happens all the time. My friends go up and down almost daily. But it's all good there's a couple people on there I'd probably delete too

Pretty much this, I don't even really keep track of them. I hate people who go crazy over one person defriending them... TS...
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
My old best friend turned into a huge douche and then I wrote a tongue-in-cheek song about him. He uploaded a hipster-looking picture of him with a bowtie on, and the song was called (You Look Like) An Idiot with a Bowtie On. He blocked me the next day. Haven't seen him or heard from him in like 4 months
Quote by Sief9

It doesn't matter, I was just bored and hoping for some funny stories. People are taking this too seriously.
Quote by due 07
My old best friend turned into a huge douche and then I wrote a tongue-in-cheek song about him. He uploaded a hipster-looking picture of him with a bowtie on, and the song was called (You Look Like) An Idiot with a Bowtie On. He blocked me the next day. Haven't seen him or heard from him in like 4 months

Funny stories like this.
Yes but only by one person, it was my sister's ex. I didn't even notice till I was about to defriend him.
STಠ_ಠ
I'm sure I've been defriended before, but I don't know who did it and I don't really care because I didn't notice them anyway. I've also gone through and purged my friends list a couple of times as well.
Maybe

If someone is annoying I just block them, I don't bother deleting them. I just don't want to see their bitching and complaining about how school sucks or something like that
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Yeah, I have been. Was quite funny...

During the time when sh.it got stirred up in Egypt and the government tried to censor people from reporting about the revolution, one of my friends posted this on their wall:
Quote by butthurt FB friend
A country like Egypt which is afraid of youtube, facebook and their own people should govern a farm in farmville and not an entire country.

So I answered: "Hey, great! You should send that to the Egypt embassy. I think you could reach your target audience much better."
This was in no way sarcastic or anything. I really wanted to give some good advice.

An hour later, my commet was deleted.

So I wrote back: "Are you serious? You oppose censorship in Egypt, yet you deleted my comment which was actually good advice?!?! OMFG, I have never seen this much hypocrisy!"

5 minutes later, my comment was deleted.

So I wanted to write a 3rd comment when facebook told me "You are no longer friends with this user."

---> conclusion: LOL!
Page 1 of 3