I haven't bought these amps yet, but just for future notice, and in case i have to buy anything else, i wanted to know.

basically, i would have my pedalboard with a wah, fuzz, flanger, phaser, delay, compressor and reverb. I would then want to connect that to a Mesa Single Rec in the effects loop. I would also want to use those effects through the front end of my Fender SF Bassman 100. i have heard that reverb is a must to put in the effects loop, but i would want all the effects to be used with either amp. Is this possible without having a mess of like 3 or 4 A/B boxes?

Any information would be helpful.
Are you wanting to run both of these amps at the same time, or just be able to switch between them?

Also, you don't have to run reverb in the effects loop. I don't have a reverb pedal anymore, but I've always run all of my effects in front of my twin just fine.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at May 11, 2011,
i would want the amps to play one at a time, the problem being the Single Rec would be using distortion the whole time, and i have heard, but don't have personal experience, that distorting reverb is never a good idea. I am assuming you never got your twin to distort while using the reverb, but the Single Rec is definitely using distortion.
Quote by ozi223
i would want the amps to play one at a time, the problem being the Single Rec would be using distortion the whole time, and i have heard, but don't have personal experience, that distorting reverb is never a good idea. I am assuming you never got your twin to distort while using the reverb, but the Single Rec is definitely using distortion.

Stuff like delay and reverb sound far better in a loop for that reason. To my (and most others') ears, anyways.

I'd imagine you could get a splitter and split the signal of the effects in the effects loop of the Recto and just have the other side of the splitter go to the front of the other amp.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
im not sure they make off the shelf boxes that do that (they might), but i know you could build something to do it. just a simple 3pdt switch and some wiring, or a 4pdt switch if you want an indicator.

being able to play both at the same time would be impossible, unless you only wanted the effects on one at a time.
Playing both at the same time or switching between the two amps is easy, you just need an ABY box. Sharing the effects when they are in the loop? Not gonna happen. About the closest thing to sharing would be to mic up both amps and add the effects later at the desk.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ wouldnt something along the lines of this work:

in the "up" position of the switch the guitar goes to in, then is sent to the pedal send, to the pedals, back to the return, and out to the clean amp.

in the "down" position of the switch, the guitar goes in, is sent to the dirty amp. the loop send comes in, goes to the pedal send, to the pedals, back to the pedal return, and then to the loop return.

not an elegant solution, but im thinking it would work ok.